My 2012 NAMM show report

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Whew, finally finished typing this all up!

First off, the meet up. Picture compliments of Drumhead61's camera.

Pocarro, Joe Morris, Nodiggie, Bermuda, me, Drumhead61
attachment.php

Pat Patrillo and Mansonni showed up after the citure was snapped. I also hung out a bit with FourOnTheFloorTom, and spoke with SoCalMike. (Check out the official NAMM thread for wonderful pictures from SoCal Mike here)

My full report is on my business blog here:
http://problemsandresults.com/blog/?p=52

I have more photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33671381@N03/sets/72157629006266927/with/6749777073/

Although I realized this morning I left of Mapex and Aquarian from the report. I'll have to type that up and add to it when I have a chance.

Read the whole thing Ian = superb! Good to get your insight & sidestep the marketing blurb. That tuner sounds interesting, as I too see a good stage application if it really works. Until now, I've not been even slightly impressed by the tuners on offer. Also good to hear of the Hexrack return. Good stuff, & thank you for taking the time.

Nice job on the Report Ian!!
It was great talking with you next year we need to get together and spend more time talking.
As you know I was all over the place trying to get all my pictures in the first two days had to get my Bro's new camera back to him on Friday Night lol..........
Saturday was a No Show so I missed the "Official Drummerworld Meet Up"
For next year I will have a New Camera and was even thinking going big and do video...........

Nice job on the Report Ian!!
It was great talking with you next year we need to get together and spend more time talking.
As you know I was all over the place trying to get all my pictures in the first two days had to get my Bro's new camera back to him on Friday Night lol..........
Saturday was a No Show so I missed the "Official Drummerworld Meet Up"
For next year I will have a New Camera and was even thinking going big and do video...........

Hey Mike, it was great chatting. I knew you were taking great pictures, so I actually held off on some shots because I knew you'd get it. I tried to focus on close ups and anything I thought you might not see. It's tough though, because I don't want to bring my big nice camera and carry it around all day, so I'm always trying to get away with borrowed pocket cameras. LOL.

But yeah, maybe next year we can coordinate our efforts.

Read the whole thing Ian = superb! Good to get your insight & sidestep the marketing blurb. That tuner sounds interesting, as I too see a good stage application if it really works. Until now, I've not been even slightly impressed by the tuners on offer. Also good to hear of the Hexrack return. Good stuff, & thank you for taking the time.

Thanks Andy!

There is a discussion on the pros and cons of the drum tuner here:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86443
with some good back and forth of why it might be great or might be a waste of time.

I was stuck on the price until I looked up the Boss guitar tuner that is (more or less) industry standard in guitar tuners, and realized the price is high, but not as far out there as I once thought.

Will I buy one? I don't know. But I see it's usefulness.

Funny enough, the night before I saw it, I had dinner with some audio engineers, and one of them was talking about a lack of any reliable way to tune drums, and the problems of dealing with clients who may not always bring in the best kits to his studio. So while drummers who can tune may find this product useless, studio owners and techs who are not drummers themselves but deal with drums everyday might find it to be a useful tool to have in their arsenal.

A really good report Ian, I Iike the meet-up picture, it's nice to put faces on "usernames", although I was familiar with Bermuda's face :)

Nice pictures from the show too, I like that John Cross drumkit, it looks cool, funny lugs placement though, thanks for the hard work, really appreciated :))

Back