Mapex Saturn V

Sticks4Drums was his original and most known handle here, there were others. Balto was one. Glen was Mapex Saturn's biggest unpaid endorser EVA.

He was famous for an outdoor pic of his Artic White Saturns. There were like what 98 drums in that pic?

And he pushed them at every opportunity. I didn't mind Glen but he sure raised some hackles before he was shown the door. (Hence the other handles)

Duncan, Mediocrefunkybeat was a regular bloodhound in exposing his latest handle.

Very colorful guy. He has an Ah-Mazing practice barn with lots o' land surrounding. In Canada I think.

He is an electrician guy, like me.

That's the overview. There's a lot more info on Sticks contained in this thread
I found Glen to be a nice guy, but he certainly was over the top concerning Mapex drums and several other topics. He was up front about some personal issues he had, so I treaded lightly with him and tried to be supportive. Not sure if he’s still on this forum, but wish him the best and would welcome him back. Also, like him or not, that barn was really nice.

I found Glen to be a nice guy, but he certainly was over the top concerning Mapex drums and several other topics. He was up front about some personal issues he had, so I treaded lightly with him and tried to be supportive. Not sure if he’s still on this forum, but wish him the best and would welcome him back. Also, like him or not, that barn was really nice.
100%. He was fine, just very passionate. I too would like to see him come back and spread some Mapex love.

Black nickel completely stripped off & all the metalwork mirror polished :) So, so much nicer :)
Tama's black nickel plating is notorious for coming off. I wonder if you could polish off the finish on a Warlord snare, like this one for example...

OBqOqCU.png

Tama's black nickel plating is notorious for coming off. I wonder if you could polish off the finish on a Warlord snare, like this one for example...

OBqOqCU.png
Yep, that could be stripped & polished to perfection. Just as bad as the metalwork on my V. :)

100%. He was fine, just very passionate. I too would like to see him come back and spread some Mapex love.

Glen participates at drumforum.org and his handle is Bandit . He is the same there as here . Frequently belittles other people for buying expensive drum sets instead of a Mapex kit . I was one that was the object of his vitriol because I had a Yamaha PHX kit at the time . We did not get along for quite some time . We have mended our fences now . I respect his admiration for Mapex and appreciate his passion for the brand .

Last edited:
Back