Ludwig Vistalite kit

M

MichaelR

lwk.jpg

drumkit1.jpg

cc.jpg

I've seen so many mismatched colors in so many vista-lite kits, and every time I shake my head. They look ugly in my opinion.

So your kit was a breath of fresh air to me. I like the colors as well!

I've seen so many mismatched colors in so many vista-lite kits, and every time I shake my head. They look ugly in my opinion.

So your kit was a breath of fresh air to me. I like the colors as well!

Thanks a lot, man! I couldn't believe it when I first got it! My most favorite drum kit with a great sound!

I agree about the mismatched color. I've seen people buying up all the vistalites they can and try to put it all together and I just look at them in disapproval. Why not just be careful and think about what will look best on your kit?

Oh wow, I always thought the yellow vistalites looked bad on Ludwigs site, but in these pictures they look damned spiffy!
How are they sounding?

Oh wow, I always thought the yellow vistalites looked bad on Ludwigs site, but in these pictures they look damned spiffy!
How are they sounding?

Yeah, man. That's what I thought when I first saw this kit. I tried to be a little bit optimistic and decided to set the kit up to see how it looked like thinking the people are going to throw me out of the shop for this. hahaha It is a very nice kit. The problem that people have with vistalites these days are that they just want something cool looking but they don't wait for the best looking. Know what I mean?

When it comes to sound on the kit, I'm more than satisfied with it because I always have a fetish for loud kits. The rack has that heavy sound when you tune the top head tighter, the floor tom has that really nice booming sound whenever you hit it and it just lasts longer. it's really nice. I'm still looking for my sweet spot on the kick drum yet it does have a vintage sound to it which is really awesome and I'm very proud of it. I think this is my best kit I have had in my life so far.

I used to have a Pearl Export Series made of maple, I believe. The only things I liked about it was the finish and the rack. The rack on the Pearl was as loud as the rack on the Ludwig because it was 13"x13". Yet, the Ludwig still beats because the shells are simply just amazing.

4863_202519775525_745995525_7444411_5625768_n-2.jpg

You can hear it here. The snare used in this recording was still from the Pearl export. I wish I did had it done with the C&C snare!
http://www.myspace.com/mumblepa

Hey there's something wrong with those drums - you can see through 'em! What's up with that?

;)

(this coming from the guy who had a 1978 solid black Vistalite kit....)

Back