Ludwig Epic Pro Beat or OC Avalon?

I was interested in the Avalon at one time. I got there ad loved it and the sound but I was 50$ off the price so I couldn't take it home.
I now realize that it wasn't meant to be. OCDP isn't exactly a great company other than the "NewPorts" and the Customs.
Ludwig is HUGE! Ludwig can always produce great quality and can out-do the OCDP. I am glad I didn't get the OCDP, because I realize that looks aren't everything. (Kinda).

Chances are they're made in the same factory.

Overall, the Ludwig. At least you know you'll always be able to find parts for them.

Overall, the Ludwig. At least you know you'll always be able to find parts for them.

Exactly.

OCDP is now nothing more than a front for Guitar Center. I think down the road it will be difficult to get any sort of service from them should you run into major issues.

Ludwig on the other hand has been building drums for 100 years and has staff dedicated to making sure all of its customers are taken care at all times.

Ludwig is the much smarter play all around.

Ludwig, hands down. I think Ludwig treats their more affordable lines (and the people who buy them) with more respect, whereas OCDP has commissioned the Newports and Avalons as "token" OCDP kits ("there's your OC kit, you little Travis Barker wannabe, now go away so I can make really expensive drums for serious professionals").

The antique bronze hardware is impossibly stylish as well. I almost turned my back on DW for those!

Ludwig, hands down. I think Ludwig treats their more affordable lines (and the people who buy them) with more respect, whereas OCDP has commissioned the Newports and Avalons as "token" OCDP kits ("there's your OC kit, you little Travis Barker wannabe, now go away so I can make really expensive drums for serious professionals").

The antique bronze hardware is impossibly stylish as well. I almost turned my back on DW for those!
I own a Epic kit & love them (I know I sound like a broken record) they sound & look great & one thing that's cool about bronze hardware...........NO FINGERPRINTS.

Just my 2 cents,
Bonzolead

Last edited:
Another vote for Ludwig. A 24x14 kick is gonna be way more versatile than a 22x20.

Back