Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Merry Thanksgiving!

index.php

It's been determined by the authorities that @jda currently owns more drumsticks than I've ever owned in my entire life.

And dude, you have a great shell pack. Why order more?

🤣

Joe, I noticed that you setup the cymbals in a sharp angle. I have seen a few other drummers also do this.
Is this a Jazz tradition, a matter of ergonomics, or does the sharp cymbal angle give you a better stick rebound?
Right it allows me to 'flat stick them.

They're about 70 degrees right and Left (each)
65-70 degree

plus it clears the toms ya know..
And I don't hit "edges" on nothing except in extreme intent

I want the Face (of the cymbal in my Face 😁
But I'm surprised the Pics are weirder (get this response) than in Personna
Not radical at all.

index.php

Last edited:
Right it allows me to 'flat stick them.

What does the term "flat sticking" on a cymbal mean? I am not familiar with this.
Does it mean the angle of attack of the stick is parallel to the angle of the cymbal while playing the ride or the crash cymbal?

Last edited:
It's a Crash; an activating/ Activation/ similar to a Harmonic with a guitar pick (on a guitar.

Yes.

Now that I look at the picture again it makes a better sense. Not only the cymbals are at a sharper angle compared to my own setup, you place the cymbals much higher. I think the combination of higher cymbals with a shaper angle may work better together.

That's it, Buddy you gots it : ) (y)
they're (I think) eye- level. Wing nut/ nearly eye level; little lower on right side ride; little 'up on left side

Nice setup. Do those Sonos speakers get loud enough that you can play along?
Thank you. They do - they're in the basement and the speakers plus drums make it incredibly loud for folks on the first floor of the house.

From the Rehearsal room last week.

1000002353-01.jpeg

LtoR
15" Paiste 2002 Big Beat Hi-Hats
19" Paiste 2002 Big Beat Multifunctional
20" Paiste 2002 Big Beat Multifunctional
21" Paiste 2002 Big Beat Multifunctional
18" Paiste 2002 China Type

Tama Swingstar 1983
Ludwig Acrolite snare drum 1976

Back