Latency in Yamaha Kick Pedal electric drums

Yateesh

Hello guys my name is yateesh this is my first post the reason I am using this thread is I recently got an alesis turbo mesh kit so it came with a trigger so I don't want to use the trigger so I got a Yamaha kick pedal for electric from one of my friends so I started using Yamaha kick pedal but the latency is too long and I can only hear the sound when removing the cable if any one know the reason can they please post the solution it will be really helpful.

Hello guys my name is yateesh this is my first post the reason I am using this thread is I recently got an alesis turbo mesh kit so it came with a trigger so I don't want to use the trigger so I got a Yamaha kick pedal for electric from one of my friends so I started using Yamaha kick pedal but the latency is too long and I can only hear the sound when removing the cable if any one know the reason can they please post the solution it will be really helpful.
maybe the way the pad is wired, pads are wired differently , see if you can find a wire diagram of the pads and if that is the culprit, just make your own cable to reverse the polarities, that should make your pad compatible...
How to solder and all that many tutorials in Youtube.

Make sure your cable and connectors are TRS (tip ring sleeve).

What model is it? Is it a kick pad or just another standalone pedal? The Turbo unfortunately has a switch pedal for kick and is not compatible with kick pads (vertical drum pads you hit with a normal mechanical pedal). Electronic pedals are also rarely cross-compatible between brands. You will need a better drum module (Nitro, Surge etc.) to use real pedals with kick pads and many other features.

As suggested above,
Your module does not support a trigger (from anyone). It only supports a simple on/off switch. If you have a higher-level module, the Yamaha (being a trigger) will work.

Back