KC Prosecutors Drop Charges Against Danny Carey

Son of Vistalite Black

Before we get to the breaking news, Danny Carey is guest drummer this week on “Late Night With Seth Meyers.”

in June, the Tool drummer won Modern Drummer’s readers poll for Best Prog Drummer despite the then-pending charges.

From Fox4KC.com:

Kansas City Prosecutors Drop Assault Case Against Tool Drummer

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Prosecutors have dismissed assault charges against Danny Carey, the drummer for rock band Tool.

The court did not give a reason for the dismissal, saying the case is a closed confidential matter as of Jan. 23.

The decision to dismiss the case comes more than a year after officers arrested Carey for misdemeanor assault at Kansas City’s airport. Carey was allegedly involved in a fight with another man in a terminal on Dec. 12, 2021.

Airport police transported Carey to the Kansas City Police Department following the argument. The other man was not taken into custody, according to an airport spokesman at the time of the incident.

According to a ticket issued by officers, Carey intentionally inflicted injury when he allegedly yelled a homophobic slur at the victim while jabbing the victim in the chest with two fingers.

Carey was in the area for the revival of the Kansas-Missouri basketball showdown. He played with the KU Basketball Pep Band at the Missouri vs. Kansas college basketball game at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence the day before his arrest.

I wondered what happened..

More negativity.
News of his arrest prompted lots of discussion. We shouldn't talk about those charges being dropped?

Reactions: jda
Some see the internet in an interesting way. It's a time passer

Unless something tangible like selling or buying

Last edited:
Speaking of which ,Justin Roiland,the voices of Rick and Morty has resigned from the show and it's X Box game after being charged with domestic felony.
Even if they are false ,it's Hollywood and he'll never work their again.

Vistalite Black speculates Danny Carey provided a donation to the Police Benevolent Fund large enough to have the matter dropped.

WuHan Solo thinks it's possible they actually reviewed the evidence and found that the allegations against him were overblown or maybe even entirely false.
Hell, since we're speculating, maybe the judge or prosecutor threw it out because they felt that the alleged "victim" didn't get "injured" by words or a finger poke and that they shouldn't waste the court's time and resources on trivial matters like a minor disagreement.

Illeism and speculating are fun. I'm thinking WuHan Solo is going to start doing both of them more often.

"It's a mighty thin slice of ham that doesn't have two sides."
George Christie, Former Hell's Angels MC President; Ventura, California Chapter

Last edited:
Since when is jabbing someone in the chest with two fingers illegal?

Either harassment or assault depending on state and local laws , and wether or not there was an injury .
I’ll break it down lol.

So this guy gives you a two finger chest poke…… assault in some states simply for touching ( but no injury) or harassment in other states . Either way no injury sustained from this guy 😂.
6F6464F4-0121-4F66-8C76-FF34A0357B8B.jpeg

But she pokes you in the chest with two fingers it’s definitely assault no matter what state ( injury sustained) or quite possibly manslaughter or murder 😂
B51EF1EF-FDC2-40C3-B1C9-6E14212DA4F6.png

9D7392E5-8B6C-448B-92ED-9C9C0F9C86DF.gif

Although technically I think she pokes him with 5 😉

Either harassment or assault depending on state and local laws , and wether or not there was an injury .
I’ll break it down lol.

So this guy gives you a two finger chest poke…… assault in some states simply for touching ( but no injury) or harassment in other states . Either way no injury sustained from this guy 😂.
View attachment 129757

But she pokes you in the chest with two fingers it’s definitely assault no matter what state ( injury sustained) or quite possibly manslaughter or murder 😂
View attachment 129756

View attachment 129758

Although technically I think she pokes him with 5 😉

2 finger death punch only makes you feel dead. Or only kills your left side.

2 finger death punch only makes you feel dead. Or only kills your left side.
.....or can make you blind, but it's easy to defend.
You just put your flat hand perpendicular to your face like this:
images

And then, of course, counter with a bite to their face. :sneaky:

Back