K med dark ride pingy?

Al Scribani

Good morrow,
So I'm contemplating buying a Zildjian 22" K Med Dark ride, but thought I'd use some free advice from you good people.

Currently I've got a 21" Sweet Ride (fantastic cymbal), Seeing as I prefer it as a crash, as do most of you, I need to get a proper ride cymbal... Hence the 22" K Med Dark.

My question is, is the K too similar to the sweet ride in terms of washiness?? Cause if it is, I don't see much point of me having both, but if it does offer some stick definition I'd really consider buying it... I like a ride that has ample definition (ping) yet can still be crashed a bit to fill up a chorus a bit more.

.. I like a ride that has ample definition (ping) yet can still be crashed a bit to fill up a chorus a bit more.

Maybe you should be considering the Ping Ride?: http://zildjian.com/Products/Drumse...als/A-Zildjian-Series/20-A-Zildjian-Ping-Ride

...Currently I've got a 21" Sweet Ride (fantastic cymbal), Seeing as I prefer it as a crash, as do most of you, I need to get a proper ride cymbal... Hence the 22" K Med Dark...

The Sweet Ride is a 'proper ride cymbal'. It just also happens to have a very excellent crash sound too.

(But more cymbals are always fun - so go for it - ha ha)

Back