I'm on moderndrummer.com!

Way to go, Nick! I gotta give props to someone with my same last name! I am from L.A. originally. We couldn't possibly be related, could we?

It's happened before. Once in high school, I befriended a guy named Bill Mason, and once he came to my house, and said "Why do you have a picture of my grandparents on your wall!" He turned out to be my cousin! Small world sometimes.

Way to go, Nick! I gotta give props to someone with my same last name! I am from L.A. originally. We couldn't possibly be related, could we?

It's happened before. Once in high school, I befriended a guy named Bill Mason, and once he came to my house, and said "Why do you have a picture of my grandparents on your wall!" He turned out to be my cousin! Small world sometimes.

HA, that's funny.
I'm not from LA originally, so I don't think we are related. I do have plenty of Bill Mason's in my family though...
That kind of thing happend to me in high school as well. I has a bunch of friends ask me if I was related to a Crystal Mason, because they all wanted to date her and didn't want to piss me off, lol.... But I didn't even know who she was till she found me on myspace a while back, haha

Congrats, Nick.

To add to your post, a recent experience on the road had us staying at hostels, a great way to save money instead of hotels or motels. Aside from meeting people (who you can easily convince to come out to your show...), what was great about the hostels was having a kitchen. Being able to prepare your own food makes a huge difference, one can only take so many pb+j sammiches before you need to actually cook something real.

nice one man. hopefully i can join you (one day) aha. hope the video went well.. !

i read your tips, do you really change snare heads every show?!

Depends on what snare head I am playing. If I have a single ply head with a dot on it, then yes, I cange it every show. I have been trying to step up to a two ply head with a dot, and that will last me every other show, but I just love the sound of a single ply...

Oh, and I posted some pics from the video shoot on my site, as well as on here in the "Your Gear" forum...

Congrats!

Depends on what snare head I am playing. If I have a single ply head with a dot on it, then yes, I cange it every show. I have been trying to step up to a two ply head with a dot, and that will last me every other show, but I just love the sound of a single ply...

Oh, and I posted some pics from the video shoot on my site, as well as on here in the "Your Gear" forum...
I tour with a single ply head and I can go weeks without changing it. What am I not hearing that you are? It seems a bit much on your end unless you are totally thrashing your snare with the tip of your stick.

Congrats!

I tour with a single ply head and I can go weeks without changing it. What am I not hearing that you are? It seems a bit much on your end unless you are totally thrashing your snare with the tip of your stick.

Well it depends on the gig too, lighter stuff I don't need to change my heads at all. When I play hard rock then I hit a hell-of-a-lot harder and need to change my skins.

Back