I am lazy

Auspicious

Silver Member
It's true.. I want to change my bass drum head, removing the G1 and installing my Remo PS3 instead, so I can use my overrated fluffy beater. It's very good with the PS3 but very bad with the G1. The problem is, I look at the drum and I just can't do it..take the tom off, remove the pedal, take the bass drum away, move the cymbal stands, handle dust, use the vacuum to remove the dust..

I'll want to clean the dusty shells,

...Oh and tuning the resonant heads while I am there.. Spending 10 minutes setting the drum back in place. o_O:eek:

Changing the head of the bass drum, is a project.. need to find a way to enjoy this more.. I should but I don't.

It's true.. I want to change my bass drum head, removing the G1 and installing my Remo PS3 instead, so I can use my overrated fluffy beater. It's very good with the PS3 but very bad with the G1. The problem is, I look at the drum and I just can't do it..take the tom off, remove the pedal, take the bass drum away, move the cymbal stands, handle dust, use the vacuum to remove the dust..

...Oh and tuning the resonant heads while I am there.. Spending 10 minutes setting the drum back in place. o_O:eek:

Changing the head of the bass drum, is a project.. need to find a way to enjoy this more.. I should but I don't.
"A thousand mile journey starts with a single step"
Someone Chinese (probably), several centuries ago (probably).
"Clean your bloody room" - Jordan Peterson.

Agghhh i just made a video of my playing along with music, it's unlistenable. :cautious:
Why do you say that? Do you mean the video recording itself is no good, or the playing is no good, or the drums sound bad?

Maybe you're just being hard on yourself.

I can't help much, because I absolutely love tinkering and changing heads, and in general farting around with drums.

I change heads just for therapy. Lol
I like this, if I could assimilate this way of thinking, it could help me relax.

Why do you say that? Do you mean the video recording itself is no good, or the playing is no good, or the drums sound bad?

Maybe you're just being hard on yourself.
My playing is off, the hi hat on 2 and 4 is not tight and I am doing too much on the brushes instead of keeping a simple steady pattern in a long 7 minutes piece of music. I was tired a bit too and maybe the drum is not 100% synchronized with the song in the mixing software.

I'll just delete these videos and make new ones :)

I am looking at my drawing too these days, in a binder I have many drawings, I like maybe 1 out of 5 so yes I might be hard on myself too!

Set aside 20 or 30 minutes for a project. Stop at that time.if not done and c9.olete.it when you set aside another 20-30 minute period.

Set aside 20 or 30 minutes for a project. Stop at that time.if not done and c9.olete.it when you set aside another 20-30 minute period.
Yes setting predetermined amount of time to do a small project, it's a good idea,

I'll write this down to my list of things to do, I want to do it. I miss the feeling of the PS3 with the fluffy beater. ((;

I’m suspicious @Auspicious is trying to diss us? Changing a head is a “project”?! Now listen here young man, I’ve stripped a 1970’s Premier 2000, given it a full back, sack and crack polish and fixed a faulty flobeam snare mech…let me tell ya, that’s a project!! Now, clean your room!! :ROFLMAO: (y)
Oh My God Wtf GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

I'm also guilty of being lazy..mowing the lawn..getting groceries..getting laundry done..etc etc but changing bass drum heads?..lemme at it..all of a sudden being overly leisurely (as Prince puts it) goes out the window. I'm hypnotically focused on getting my Charlie Watts sound on Honky Tonk Woman.

I like doing it when im in the mood(that's what she said , lol)
But seriously, i only change the kick like once every 3 or 4 years anyway so i don't mind when it needs to be done. I just broke it all down and retuned two of the kicks last week which i do about once a month.

I recommend that while doing it you:
1. Listen to an episode of the Drum Candy podcast,
2. Drink your favorite drink (coffee, scotch, etc...),
3. Let go of the notion, "I should enjoy this".

Back