Have you ever cried during a live performance?

MrPockets

Gold Member
I have never cried (outwardly) during a live performance.

I also mean while performing live. Bad wording on my part.

Last edited:
Yes, many times, as part of an audience when the feel and vibes of a performance reach these magical and emotional moments, but not while playing a live gig. :)

I cried twice on this forum reading some "live performance" on 2 threads... :)

I know, I'm a softy....

Not that I remember, but my nose has run a few times in winter outdoor gigs- does that count?

Can't remember specifics but I know I have. I'm sure I would cry just looking at some of Van Gogh's work in person but I'm veering off topic again.
I'm a pretty emotional person.

Can't remember specifics but I know I have. I'm sure I would cry just looking at some of Van Gogh's work in person but I'm veering off topic again.
I'm a pretty emotional person.

dude, there was an exhibit of original impressionist art from the art institute of chicago, years back, touring different cities. i got so see nearly all of my favorite van gogh works in person!! i shed a few tears out of utter astonishment

oh, and when i saw the police back in '07! i shrieked like a twelve-year-old girl during beatlemania.

I HATE YOU, drumfreak. LOL Aw, I truly wish I could have been there. You know he only sold one painting when he was alive?

Don McLean's masterpiece about him is timeless itself.

I've played a few gigs where I felt like crying. But not in the "the music is moving me" way.

I got bitten on the ass by a bee once during an outdoor gig....that made me cry

never cried while playing.....but like many have said I have cried as a spectator

I have vomited mid song though

the show must go on.... stomach virus and all

I can't believe this thread is here. I cried for the first time while playing just 5 days ago. The bassist in my band, a 24 YO female bassist, she's a total joy to play with....just moved to Nashville yesterday. We had 4 back to back gigs last week, Thursday through Sunday. Saturday night, the leader, who is so close to the bassist that they are like family, chose this song...called "That's How Strong My Love Is" a slow 12/8 number, and I just could not keep it together. It also happened during "Knocking on Heavens Door" when the 2 of them were harmonizing so sweetly...I never really realized how much she meant to me until then.
Tears were running down my face. I'm such a loser...

Real men cry. Lets live with the new reality. As a music lover if you are not ocassionally moved to tears you've got issues.

So true! I couldn`t have said it better myself!
I have cried cried once as a member of the audience but i`ve been many times close to "i`m gonna cry" state, both as a member of audience and player. It also happens when I listen to music that`s really groovy and melodic, especially violin works.

Also, not sure if i`m the only one experiencing this: sometimes, in certain parts of certain songs, i have this inner nuclear power plant that gives me power and joy and makes me wanna play the groove or the fill much much faster. Is it only me?

I have cried a river...sea...and the ocean.

Never. Not once. Not even close, but ...

I've played a few gigs where I felt like crying. But not in the "the music is moving me" way.

aydee said:
As a music lover if you are not ocassionally moved to tears you've got issues.

Not since I was very young and there was a movie theme that used to really move me. Telstar used to affect me too.

Maybe I have issues? It doesn't feel like it (not those ones anyway). I just think more than I emote :)

Never. Not once. Not even close, but ...

Not since I was very young and there was a movie theme that used to really move me. Telstar used to affect me too.

Maybe I have issues? It doesn't feel like it (not those ones anyway). I just think more than I emote :)

If you have issues, then I do as well. Music has never moved me to tears.....but...family has.

Back