Hardware Bundle Recommendation

Sal

Good afternoon.

I'm planning to buy a four-piece jazz kit (AQ2 or Catalina Club) and I need hardware: two cymbal stands (one with a boom), snare stand, hi-hat stand and bass drum pedal. (I already have a throne.)

I don't play loudly so I don't feel I need something heavy-duty. I'd like to spend $500 or less and want to make sure I don't wind up with something cheap that will break down over time. I've looked at bundles on Sweetwater and there are so many options.

Any recommendations for a hardware bundle?

Thank you.

Sal

Big Yamaha hardware fan here. Like W.W. suggested, 700 series stuff is killer.

As a 1 up, two down (mostly) guy, I like my ride cymbal low and over the right corner of my bass drum. I've had a single braced 700 series boom stand working for 20+ years, for me. And I own some heavy ride cymbals. I've got a 22" Zildjian Earth ride, in my collection. Most every where else around the kit, I use 600 series single braced stuff.

Nowadays you go out and buy all at once?!?! O never mind

:D

Gibraltar Flat base- 2 cymbal Stands
Snare stand- Gibraltar flat base
DW BD pedal Nylon (old 5000) now (called) 6000
Hi Hat - Tama HH 45- from 97 Rockstar era

Last edited:
I hear great things about the Yamaha 700 series that others mentioned here. I am quite pleased with my single braced Tama Stage Master pieces.

Good afternoon.

I'm planning to buy a four-piece jazz kit (AQ2 or Catalina Club) and I need hardware: two cymbal stands (one with a boom), snare stand, hi-hat stand and bass drum pedal. (I already have a throne.)

I don't play loudly so I don't feel I need something heavy-duty. I'd like to spend $500 or less and want to make sure I don't wind up with something cheap that will break down over time. I've looked at bundles on Sweetwater and there are so many options.

Thank you.

Sal
For my AQ2 Bop kit, I bought the Sonor 4000-series bundle from Thomann (shipped to US) -- was about $500 and I am very happy with the quality of the hardware.

I've had lots of hardware, and I think my favorite so far is the DW 3000 hardware pack. It does not come with a pedal, but it's pretty heavy duty. I like it better than the 9000 hardware. The 9000 is great, but it's really heavy. The 3000 is perfect IMO.

i like flat base for gigs (for home less a concern +/-
snare and cymbal stands
with a tripod single braced hi hat stand
So mixed lines
and brands)
Gibraltar (flat snare and cymbal)
Tama (hi hat stand)

there's different needs.
that auto-bundles don't necessarily satisfy

I highly recommend to have a look at the Yamaha Crosstown series. For your needs you‘ll have to add a Yamaha 700 series boom arm, since the cymbal stands are straight. I play in a rock-pop cover band and have no stability issues, even with a 12“ rack tom attached to one of the cymbal stands.

As soon as I got my Yamaha 700 series I knew they would be much better than anything I had before. It was about 35 years ago. I wouldn’t take them in a pack myself, because I prefer pedals from the 800 or 900 lines.
I also got 600 series stands which I used for small gigs in the last years. They’re fine too, and lighter, but the pipes aren’t compatible with the other series.
I recently got a Crosstown pack as well, and they’re great. I use a 600 series stand with boom as a third cymbal stand.

Good afternoon.

Thank you.

Sal
If you go with the AQ2 definitely get the Sonor hardware 4000 series (or 400 series used if you can find it). 400/0 stuff is rock solid. The hi hat stand has all the requisite adjustments like tension and cymbal tilter. The cymbal stands have continuous adjustments instead of incremental so perfecy placement is easy. Also for the aesthetics obviously.

Back