Funky Friday Groove

Thank you! And yes, I am. I know this is not common.
That’s totally cool. I was just wondering if the image was reversed on the video or something. But anyways at my daughters performing arts high school, the drummer in the jazz band plays lefty traditional too, and ge is on his way to Berkeley, so it worked for him too

That’s totally cool. I was just wondering if the image was reversed on the video or something. But anyways at my daughters performing arts high school, the drummer in the jazz band plays lefty traditional too, and ge is on his way to Berkeley, so it worked for him too
That's great. There are a few of us out there. ;)

Hey guys! Here's a somewhat funky groove where I play in 7/4 using a seven note sticking played 3 times per bar. The sticking goes as follows: "RLRLLRR LRLRRLL RLRLRLL". I hope you'll enjoy!!

I might steal that and bust it out this evening on the gig just to throw off the entire band haha.

Very nice.

Hey! Here's another funky groove where I am playing a paradiddle like sticking while keeping accents on 2&4 on the snare drum and playing a few toms in the second bar. I hope you'll enjoy!!

Hey guys! Here's a triplet groove where I am using a 7 note sticking (RLRLRLL) and a 5 note sticking (RLRLL) played over the cowbell and the snare drum. Notice I play the backbeat with both right and left hands. I hope you'll enjoy!!

Hey guys! Here's another groove where I go back and forth between 7/8 and 9/8 just for fun. This could also be thought as 4/4 if you add up the 2 bars. I hope you'll enjoy:

Back