Funky Friday Groove

renardvert

Silver Member
Ahh thanks, i have the yammy pre-yess system which find fine, but i do have the drums pushed up against the mount all the way up the rod ( i like to keep things compact as i can) i might try moving them out a bit.

I'm find with my sustain, i just can't get them to be that boomy/bassy like my DW's.. i think it comes down to the new drums being beech and not maple.. i love how they sound though so no complaints:)
There used to be a small piece of felt glued to the shell of my toms but it fell off at some point so in my case, the rod was directly touching the wood. When I moved it back a bit, about half an inch, I was surprised at the difference in sound.

renardvert

Silver Member
Hey guys! Here's another groove for you. In this one, I purposely decided to go for a weird, long, unusual time signature which is 37/16!! That being said, it's really only 2 bars of 4/4 plus 5 16ths. I mainly use the king kong beat sticking which is "RLRR LRRL" which David Garibaldi talks about in his books and videos. I hope you'll enjoy!!

I love this! I was having trouble figuring out the right pattern to play for "MMMBop" recently and this video fixed everything! Thanks, Daniel! :)