DW 50th Anniversary Edge Snare Drum ?

Will it sound like the other 211 snaredrums I've walked away from in the last 15 years?..probably.
Exactly.
Anytime I have the chance to beat on a bouji drum I'll do it.
Then I quickly realize they sound just like the others I've played. So other than a special edition or other pricey knick-knacks, it's not really that special for the price.

Exactly.
Anytime I have the chance to beat on a bouji drum I'll do it.
Then I quickly realize they sound just like the others I've played. So other than a special edition or other pricey knick-knacks, it's not really that special for the price.
And that’s the reason I have a rack: to keep my snare quiver to 6 drums.

Edit: I also expand my sounds by changing out the hoops.

And that’s the reason I have a rack: to keep my snare quiver to 6 drums.

Edit: I also expand my sounds by changing out the hoops.
Good call. I'm up to 4 that I rotate on the regular and that's good for now.
I will say I've had my eye on the DDrum Vinnie Paul 14x8 maple for a long while. I don't have a deep drum like that & to have it would round out the collection really nice. ;)

Not trying to jump on the negativity train, I just don’t understand why you’d do that cool Finish on the hardware but then not apply it to the top of the screws.

Regarding the price, I remember seeing on Instagram Dave Elitch mentioning that all the kits are already sold (according to him for $12k a pop) so there’s enough people with that kind of cash who collect drums. Or maybe that was including shops that bought them.

-Jono

Not trying to jump on the negativity train, I just don’t understand why you’d do that cool Finish on the hardware but then not apply it to the top of the screws.

Regarding the price, I remember seeing on Instagram Dave Elitch mentioning that all the kits are already sold (according to him for $12k a pop) so there’s enough people with that kind of cash who collect drums. Or maybe that was including shops that bought them.

-Jono
Yeah, that’s almost certainly dealer orders that Elitch was referring to. Typically it takes as long as a year for dealers to sell their stock to buyers for limited collectible kits like these. DW has a pretty good track record for selling these anniversary kits.

Yeah, that’s almost certainly dealer orders that Elitch was referring to. Typically it takes as long as a year for dealers to sell their stock to buyers for limited collectible kits like these. DW has a pretty good track record for selling these anniversary kits.
A year to sell through isn’t a lot of time IMHO. That’s pretty good to me.

long as you're not paying too high an interest on an inventory loan
I can only speak from the buying end, not the supply end. Ideally they all get sold in a week or are presold, but it’s not unusual to see the very expensive limited runs of instruments available for a year.

I don't know how music dealers finance their inventory but I knew how new car dealers did.
It's a bank loan with interest. Hanging with an item not selling for a year is called being hung with it.
I see dealers; sometimes an expensive special one year only NAMM 2016 item; advertised still (of course) as new.
Unsold. They're hung with it. (lol

Last edited:
I don't know how music dealers finance their inventory but I knew how new car dealers did.
It's a bank loan with interest. Hanging with an item not selling for a year is called being hung with it.
I see dealers; sometimes an expensive special one year only NAMM 2016 item; advertised still (of course) as new.
Unsold. They're hung with it. (lol
Indeed. I used to sell cars for a living. Write downs were significant for cars that hadn't sold and anything over 30 days in stock starts to lose a lot of money in terms of value to the dealership. Normally the price would be lowered just (or they'd be blocked at auction) to get the thing off the forecourt and make way for something that might actually make some money.

I suspect that most items, including drums, could replace the word 'car' in that paragraph.

I think the people that buy these mostly don’t play them. All brand new snare drums selling today are very expensive, inflation is here. I like the veneer, but I think my silky oak veneer is just as nice. I think dw snares are some of the best but I’ll pass.

EB7FDA9E-7866-48F6-9ADE-AFF711AD613D.jpegFB8D4A71-91C0-484B-B741-1CD311C4816E.jpeg

Back