Drum truths that defy science, gravity or explanation..................

One for me is letting people help load or unload because inevitably I've acquired either some damage or loss. I know they mean well but generally I tell them thanks I got it! It's nice to offer though-so I do thank them. Everyone in orchestra would always help with chairs, music stands, etc-except the violins and this one oboe player.

Aliens or Bots seems the rage on DW. I am no Bot and besides it's noboties business.

Attachments

• Botboy.png
    Botboy.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 1
I own 20 drum keys but can never find one when I'm setting up.
The guy staring at you while you play is always a drummer.
The lighter your grip the more powerful your stroke.
If you play left handed at a jam, everyone is helpful with the switchover except the drummers.
That girl staring at you while you play is always married.
At least one person in your band needs a battery at every gig.
That song you wrote is really good but because you're a drummer nobody will listen to it.
No matter where you hide your tambourine one drunk guy in the audience always finds it.

During band rehearsals, whenever the guitarist begins a tune at the wrong tempo, everyone still looks upon the drummer as the source of tempo error.

yep...also happens in marching band, concert band, jazz band, community band, choir....

it always amazed me that the players who used the met the least, complained the most about our tempo...

Back