CoronaVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Coronavirus situation is devastating in so many ways. But I have faith that the human race will come out victorious in the end.
It might even bring us all (the world) a little closer to each other.

I was not sure if I should share this, but as depressing as this situation is I just had to laugh at this one.

883kjh.jpg

Stupid virus. Just shut down the stock exchange temporarily. Crazy.

There is a learning lesson to this. Science is a process, lots of varied opinions in process by "experts" (ya know the people who know most about how we don't know the answer-it can get into a pissing contest LOL), science takes time (way to long for most peoples patience) and no guarantee of any useful outcome from effort or when fruition if a success discovered, it's great on hindsight but crappy on foresight (because chaotic events), it takes funding but funding doesn't magically make it happen faster, independent of science how people react can be just as dangerous as the biological threat in creating a perfect storm of fallouts that exacerbate the problems. There is evidence that the virus may enter ACE-2 expressed on oral epithelium-the virus has domains that bind to said receptor and we can synthesize mimetic to competitively saturate the receptors so no virus can bind-would be useful for health care providers while dealing with patients-chew a gum or lozenge. Further he ACE-2 pathway SARS-CoV receptor ACE2 for entry and the serine protease TMPRSS2 for S protein priming. A TMPRSS2 inhibitor approved for clinical use blocked entry and might constitute a treatment option. Other cell signaling pathways are bing explored for drug intervention so we aren't just dependent on vaccines. I think another pneumonia drug has been used successfully in treating the COVID-19 pneumonia so quality of care can make a huge difference in outcomes. My older brothers remember polio (one was affected) well and I have vague memories of quarantines, vaccines, people freaking. History is replete with viral pandemics and humanity often reacting poorly but seems once we weather it-out of sight out of mind so no better prepared for next. This is a nice video

Last edited:
but seems once we weather it-out of sight out of mind so no better prepared for next.
Indeed. It appears our collective memory is quite short. (But I’ll try one of your lozenges, Doc.)

C1CC8004-0FA5-496E-B1B1-760E97FD7260.png

Indeed. It appears our collective memory is quite short. (But I’ll try one of your lozenges, Doc.)

There is no fat virus. Obesity, and heart disease resultant to said obesity shouldn't be on the chart. I know there are things medically that cause weight gain, but I don't think that's the problem in this instance. And if it is, then it should be called the Whoppervirus.

Here is the bigger problem: Corona has lost sales because of this. People actually think the two are related. There seems to be an epidemic of stupid going around as well and it's spread through communication.

There is no fat virus. Obesity, and heart disease resultant to said obesity shouldn't be on the chart. I know there are things medically that cause weight gain, but I don't think that's the problem in this instance. And if it is, then it should be called the Whoppervirus.

Here is the bigger problem: Corona has lost sales because of this. People actually think the two are related. There seems to be an epidemic of stupid going around as well and it's spread through communication.

I think the epidemic of "stupid" is one of the causes for the issues mentioned above as well...or maybe not "stupid" so much as "duped"

I think I would add cancer to that list though...starting in the 1930's

The stupidity I see over here is the continual violence in supermarkets between customers fighting for packs of toilet paper.

There is literally brawls, wrestling and arguments when stock comes in. Within half an hour, the entire shelf is empty.

All stores are employing security guards to supervise the 2 hour long cues for toilet paper.

It's becoming worse and also becoming very unsettling.

The same goes for hand sanitizer........it disappears before it's on the shelves.

Even some children are getting knocked down by adults to get them.

That's what I'm talking about Mr Polack-an epidemic of people in "fear mode-so fight or flight" don't make the best decisions. No one is really immune-like my wife and daughter still planning on flying out to California whether her meeting is on or not ( a decision will be made Wednesday for meeting). I'm trying to talk her out of it-though her risk there in National or State parks they plan to visit are less a risks than all the sick patients she deals with daily. I'm the most vocal pro-vaccine advocate in universe but when my granddaughter started with her vaccine series I have to admit there was moment of hesitation I know is an irrational fear. But when health providers can't find respirators and what not because of an over anxious public that's.a problem.

The stupidity I see over here is the continual violence in supermarkets between customers fighting for packs of toilet paper.

There is literally brawls, wrestling and arguments when stock comes in. Within half an hour, the entire shelf is empty.

All stores are employing security guards to supervise the 2 hour long cues for toilet paper.

It's becoming worse and also becoming very unsettling.

The same goes for hand sanitizer........it disappears before it's on the shelves.

well, just imagine what is going to happen when oil starts running out, and electricity...I think these are just signs of things to come in the first world

I noted at Costco a limit of 5 50 lb bags of sugar, rice, etc because of huge demand. I'm like WTH-they making moonshine and Sake? Which isn't a bad idea-I guess I need to get in line. Spring is around the corner I usually have a garden every year-so if people worried about food start a V-garden. V for Victory over Viruses.

I've been told that the toilet paper phenomenon is peculiar to Australia for some reason. But it's becoming a learned behaviour around the globe now?

There is no fat virus. Obesity, and heart disease resultant to said obesity shouldn't be on the chart.
I agree but the creators of the chart consider heart disease an epidemic. They should’ve consulted with us first. ?

U

Unfortunately...........I can see your perspective.

...and I hate to bring it up, but I think we need to start thinking about the reality of these kinds if things.

I see the worst of it...the ABSOLUTE WORST, on the stupid phenomenon that is called Black Friday...spoiled, first world people fighting....freaking fighting...over stupid stuff for Christmas....

disgusting

I'm like WTH-they making moonshine and Sake?

They are now saying to use Everclear if you can't find hand sanitizer. There's your rice and sugar!

So the media says use everclear. How many people are going to drink it thinking that's how it's going to help, get sick as hell because it's everclear, then go to the hospital thinking they have coronavirus? There will be an epidemic of drunk folks overrunning hospitals because they did it wrong.

They are now saying to use Everclear if you can't find hand sanitizer. There's your rice and sugar!

So the media says use everclear. How many people are going to drink it thinking that's how it's going to help, get sick as hell because it's everclear, then go to the hospital thinking they have coronavirus? There will be an epidemic of drunk folks overrunning hospitals because they did it wrong.

<facepalm> ?

let me out!!!

...and I hate to bring it up, but I think we need to start thinking about the reality of these kinds if things.

I see the worst of it...the ABSOLUTE WORST, on the stupid phenomenon that is called Black Friday...spoiled, first world people fighting....freaking fighting...over stupid stuff for Christmas....

disgusting

We don't get the "Black Friday" thing anywhere near as much as you in the States.

Apparently there has been a huge surge in newly diagnosed cases in America over the past 24 hrs.

My thoughts and prayers, good wishes and considerations are with each and everyone of you.

We are all going to get through this together!

We have our drums and our ability to drive a band.

I'm gonna drive this friggin virus up its own butt.

Anyways.........I've called in sick for tomorrow. I've got a hell of a cough and a monstrous bloody headache.

An afternoon on the drums tomorrow is the best medicine ??

We don't get the "Black Friday" thing anywhere near as much as you in the States.

Apparently there has been a huge surge in newly diagnosed cases in America over the past 24 hrs.

My thoughts and prayers, good wishes and considerations are with each and everyone of you.

We are all going to get through this together!

We have our drums and our ability to drive a band.

I'm gonna drive this friggin virus up its own butt.

I hope you never do...it is a plague of it's own....

and same here. I am not giving into any of the hype about this. I am going to continue to "live sensibly", like I have been for the past 50 years, and just be vigilant. I am not a "crowds" type of person anyway, so I generally avoid those situations. I do 99% of my shopping at a local co-op - I try to avoid big stores for many reasons.

During Summer with nice big leaves around and moss you got plenty of good wiping material for laying a log in the woods. In winter time dry leaves are a disaster so dip your butt in the creek or go through your hiking buddy's bag to find one of his shirts you can use LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back