Britney Spears... mmm

Great video! I love your playing. Fit very well with the song. I'd also like to comment on your kit... it sounds beautiful. The tuning is very nice and you've got some nice cymbals. My favorite fill was the little solo at 0:54, it reminded me a lot of Gavin Harrison's fills, especially the beginning of it with the snare, which I love. Could you maybe explain what is going on during that fill a bit?

That was awesome! You've made the track almost too cool now.

I do like in the comments how you say "c'mon deep down inside you know you love her"....funny! Well, I do love her, in a kinda' trailer-trash kinda' way...come to think of it....

Nice! Good playing, good drum sound! Can you give us some specs on your kit? The lower tuning on the snare fit the song perfectly.

Thanks for the comments!

Good eye Bo Eder, it's a Sonor Force 2005 (100% Birch).

In the video I'm using a 14 snare, 12 & 14 toms and 22 kick. Cymbals are
14" Zildjian A Custom hats
16" Zildjian K dark crash
18" Paiste Dimensions medium crash
20" Zildjian Avedis ride (from the 1960's)

The Bassist said:
Could you maybe explain what is going on during that fill a bit?
Its a flam followed by a short roll (in 16th note triplets). The one in the video starts with the right hand on the rack tom and left hand on the snare.

rL r r l l kick rL r r l l kick

Steve Holmes has a video on youtube explaining it. He calls them Flam Rolls.

Thanks for the comments!

Good eye Bo Eder, it's a Sonor Force 2005 (100% Birch).

In the video I'm using a 14 snare, 12 & 14 toms and 22 kick. Cymbals are
14" Zildjian A Custom hats
16" Zildjian K dark crash
18" Paiste Dimensions medium crash
20" Zildjian Avedis ride (from the 1960's)

Its a flam followed by a short roll (in 16th note triplets). The one in the video starts with the right hand on the rack tom and left hand on the snare.

rL r r l l kick rL r r l l kick

Steve Holmes has a video on youtube explaining it. He calls them Flam Rolls.
Thanks! Those videos are really great, definitely gonna work on that stuff, it's a great fill.

Back