Arbiter Flats Bass Drum Pedal

surreymike

I have just acquired an Arbiter Flats bass drum to use in some small gigs but I can't seem to get the standard single kick pedal to attach in such a way that the beater fully reached the drum head. There is a lug at the bottom of the drum to slide the pedal onto to but even butted fully up it doesn't reach. Has anyone had this issue or have a picture of how they have fitted the pedal in place. Maybe its my pedal but I can't imagine that is the case. Suggestions much appreciated.
Mike

When I played my Arbiter flat, I had problem with pedals equipped with a stab plate. Impossible to find the right balance; once I changed for a very basic Tama HP20, everything went fine.
The plate where you clamp the pedal shall have a thick plastic plate, maybe it's missing?

There is a plate which is fixed to the bottom of the frame which juts out which I assume is what you're referring to although its not very thick and thats were I am attaching the pedal to.

I thin I get what you mean, the drum head on the Arbiter is farther from the beater than on a conventional bass drum. You may need to angle the bass drum more and to adjust you pedal differently. I never felt this as a problem.

Back