any famous songs with 2 hands (16ths) on the ride cymbal?

Avenged Sevenfold’s drummer who died set up two rides and did really fast two handed metal ride stuff. The Rev.

It's not a famous song but the chorus of an Inspiral Carpets album track called Sleep Well Tonight features two handed 16ths on the ride (sounds like It anyway).

I always thought Bob Seger Hollywood Nights was two hands on one ride, but now that I re-listened, I think it's 16ths on HH and an overdub on ride and crashes. 🤷‍♂️

I always thought Bob Seger Hollywood Nights was two hands on one ride, but now that I re-listened, I think it's 16ths on HH and an overdub on ride and crashes. 🤷‍♂️
It is apparently overdubbed. Someone on here said that the original drummer said it was dubbed. Live, they would sub out a tambourine for the overdubs.

A Genesis track, called Me And Sarah Jane, has a fast ride passage in the last part, where the last chorus would be in a non-prog song. Or was it the guitar strum that I misheard?

In my last band was a 2-drummer band. For the life of me, I can't remember the song but I remember doing a 16th note ride thing during one song. It was a cool departure from the norm.

Smoke on the Water, Deep Purple
I sure can't recall anything in Smoke On the Water that sounds like 2 hands on the ride. I'm sure he's playing 2 hands on the hats especially in the intro.

most every famous solo done by Buddy had - the 2 hands on one cymbal part 1:48 😁

Last edited:
Buddy Rich Live Berlin 1984 bookmark that..
He was free of endorsements and ripe in his life as a mellon
He even took a Paiste ride up there that day..

I think there are two-handed 16ths on the ride in Foreplay / Long Time by Boston. Specifically, Foreplay...

Beat me to it. This is the first song I thought of when I read the title. Good call!

Here is another I just saw on YT.
"Rock with You" (John JR Robinson)
Do you have a timestamp for where he's playing both hands on the ride cymbal? I scanned through before work and didn't see it.

Reactions: jda
Back