AHEAD Drumsticks- Update

My son used to use ahead sticks and he would break them. But he was but he was still pretty green on the drums then he's older now and I'm sure he plays with better technique. They were on his Christmas list this year so we'll see how they last with him now. I don't think he has used them for quite a few years.
That’s me! I used Ahead sticks for several years. I started using them because wood sticks broke on me all the time. My technique was absolutely terrible and I broke more than just sticks. I broke my share of Ahead sticks too, but not even close to the rate I broke wood.

A few years ago, knowing that I actually had some technique, I tried all kinds of wood sticks. I thought I was liking it until I pulled out a worn old pair of Ahead sticks and it was like coming home. I don’t see myself going back to wood unless Ahead folds.

I tried all kinds of wood sticks. I thought I was liking it until I pulled out a worn old pair of Ahead sticks and it was like coming home. I don’t see myself going back to wood unless Ahead folds.
Very unlikely. FAR too many artists love them for them to go away, to say nothing about the "regular Joe's" like us who use them.

I tried wood sticks for the last gig I did & I noticed the added vibration right away. They went into the wood pile the next morning & Sweetwater got another order for 7a & 5a pairs. ;)

Back