320 bpm Single strokes for a minute!

Arjun Diwaker

Hi guys , I know this isnt much of a discussion lol , but more of a question so here goes.

I have been practicing for the past 1 year to break the worlds fastest drummer record , and i feel i have broken it.
The current world record is 1208 counts in a minute , which roughly translates to 305 bpm? 16 notes , i have counted the error factor in it.
Currently i can hold 320 bpm for a minute which translates to 1280 bpm . But the main hurdle here is that i for one being a noob ,am not able to discern whether i manage to slow down in the end or i get extremely sloppy. I was hoping if anyone here could help me find this out so as to make me either step out of this fantasy or to actually confirm it . If it is confirmed , i will be the youngest to hold the universal worlds fastest drummer record at 14 and being an Indian . Thank you for taking the time to read this post https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YKqQMzzZV4FT9bPqfUNJ0Pmyhl_JgmV6/view?usp=sharing

Im really sorry for sending the link in this way , i for some reason am unable to post in it in video format , please do tell me if you are unable to view the post , i will have to try various ways of sending it .:):)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X7hMW_UMRfFqGgUsN_XHV6zsJXr7KDos/view?usp=sharing

This is another attempt at 310 bpm or 315 not too sure. For some reason this sounds better and less harsh than the other audio.

Last edited:
well thanks for your input , it is quite valuable , I must admit I have actually not thought about this , but seeing that i use a mix of wrist and finger motion , i might be able to qualify . Unfortunately i have reached out to the wfd two weeks back , but there has been no answer. I will have to pursue this further . But thanks for your input !!

Just a slight doubt , would this be reffered to as rebound? because i practically use the same technique with more wrist and fingers.

Hi there,

I just had a watch of your video. I must admit, when I read your post I was sceptical, especially as you called yourself a noob, but I must say congratulations for being well on the way to developing some mean finger-stroke singles.

From what I can discern, things look pretty good from a technical standpoint. You're in a French-esque grip, with your thumb on top and the fingers going hell-for-leather. You seem mostly relaxed, though you looked a bit fidgety towards the end, so keep working on styaing as calm and relaxed as you can.

As for your question, I think your biggest issue is unison strokes. I think you are playing genuine singles, but I think a lot of the time, especially in the first 20 seconds or so, your strokes were so close together as to be considered unisons. Obviously the WFD drumometer whatever it's called counts individual strokes, and unisons wouldn't be counted.

When you're all locked in and flowing, you've got some extremely fast singles, but a slight lack of consistency means that you are not always cleanly playing alternating single strokes. I think if you can get that smoothed out, you might be on to a winner!

Man that’s awesome but you do pulse with your breathing- so you seem to hold your breath rather than relaxed breathing. That alters your body mechanics- I think smooth that out all rest will follow. So as a newbie how is rest of kit playing going? Are your other rudiments at this level or has this been a big focus? The reason I ask is we drummers will work on a weakness with such focus other areas get less attention and suddenly you note your doubles are off or cymbal work has waned. You have to work on all of it all the time I’m discovering. Makes you appreciate all the work and effort the top tier drummers do in pursuit of their craft-which I’ll never be top tier because that is a huge continuous effort and a lot of time doing it.

Man that’s awesome but you do pulse with your breathing- so you seem to hold your breath rather than relaxed breathing. That alters your body mechanics- I think smooth that out all rest will follow. So as a newbie how is rest of kit playing going? Are your other rudiments at this level or has this been a big focus? The reason I ask is we drummers will work on a weakness with such focus other areas get less attention and suddenly you note your doubles are off or cymbal work has waned. You have to work on all of it all the time I’m discovering. Makes you appreciate all the work and effort the top tier drummers do in pursuit of their craft-which I’ll never be top tier because that is a huge continuous effort and a lot of time doing it.
well , technically i am not a newbie , been playing for 6 years and for some reason have not stressed on too many rudiments , i just started metal drumming 3 years back and single strokes with finger technique 1.5 years back. Sorry for confusing you lol.😊😊

Well all the hard work shows. I’d still consider-think about -how your shoulders and arms move with those deep breaths cause looks like that’s when you flutter a bit? Still awesome man!

Hi there,

I just had a watch of your video. I must admit, when I read your post I was sceptical, especially as you called yourself a noob, but I must say congratulations for being well on the way to developing some mean finger-stroke singles.

From what I can discern, things look pretty good from a technical standpoint. You're in a French-esque grip, with your thumb on top and the fingers going hell-for-leather. You seem mostly relaxed, though you looked a bit fidgety towards the end, so keep working on styaing as calm and relaxed as you can.

As for your question, I think your biggest issue is unison strokes. I think you are playing genuine singles, but I think a lot of the time, especially in the first 20 seconds or so, your strokes were so close together as to be considered unisons. Obviously the WFD drumometer whatever it's called counts individual strokes, and unisons wouldn't be counted.

When you're all locked in and flowing, you've got some extremely fast singles, but a slight lack of consistency means that you are not always cleanly playing alternating single strokes. I think if you can get that smoothed out, you might be on to a winner!
This! Keep smashing it @Arjun Diwaker ! (y) :D

yeah...it looks like it has to be wrist motivated strokes, not finger motivated. If you get your wrists into each one of those strokes, you will be golden

yea i think so too , but looking at former WFD champion tapes , most people including tom grosset barely move their wrists . And he is declared by guiness and wfd to be the fastest . Even mike mangini doesnt

And even if mike mangini did , his strokes are not efficient on the real kit due to the height of them. At least based on what i saw in his world record run

Last edited:
yea i think so too , but looking at former WFD champion tapes , most people including tom grosset barely move their wrists . And he is declared by guiness and wfd to be the fastest . Even mike mangini doesnt

its a really tiny wrist twitch. Watch some of Merlini’s other videos to see how he does it.

yeah...it looks like it has to be wrist motivated strokes, not finger motivated. If you get your wrists into each one of those strokes, you will be golden

weird to quote my self, but I should have added "you will be golden for drumming other than this"

Currently i can hold 320 bpm for a minute which translates to 1280 bpm .

That pad and the drumometer have completely different rebound so you can't extrapolate your current pace to a world record. I've played that pad before (long ago) and pretty sure standard pads give a more generous bounce. I'd say get the drumometer kit which is what they official use and then you will have a number, good luck!

Back