Search results

1. Robzildjian

Zildjian Scratch on K Dry

This is it. Looks more noticeable in the flesh.
  2. Robzildjian

Zildjian Scratch on K Dry

I have a lovely Zildjian K Dry ride that has a bright thin scratch marring its dulled beauty. Any tips on how to blend this in so it’s not noticeable? I was going to rub some dirt in? I hate this bright scratch…I know it doesn’t affect the sound - no need to tell me that.
  3. Robzildjian

Will Gibraltar ball L Arms Fit my Ludwig atlas double Tom holder?

Well they do not fit. They are too big so I will post them back and try to find something of the right size. Ideas appreciated.
  4. Robzildjian

Will Gibraltar ball L Arms Fit my Ludwig atlas double Tom holder?

Will Gibraltar ball L Arms Fit my Ludwig atlas double Tom holder (like the one on the photo)? I want to mount my vintage Ludwig toms on this so need smaller L arm rods (9.5mm) but hard to get Ludwig ones in the UK.
  5. Robzildjian

Premier Artist Club Kit Silver Sparkle - Yellowing

Thanks! Has no one tried it on silver sparkle? It commonly yellows.
  6. Robzildjian

It’s wrap actually not lacquer.
  7. Robzildjian

As you have seen from my other thread on head choice I have picked up one of the kits mentioned above. It is a lovely little kit but the lacquer has yellowed over the silver sparkle. Is there anything that can be done to improve this and bring back the beautiful silver sparkle. I suspect not...
  8. Robzildjian

DW HiHat Height with short rod

I have a Dw 5000 hihat Stand with the short rod. I’m looking to be able to transport without disassembling for speed (I will fold the legs down of course). Does anyone know the height of the stand with the short rod? Will it fit in a 38x13x13 case? I’m away from home so that’s why I can’t...
  9. Robzildjian

Premier Artist Club Kit head advice

Thanks Rick. That helps me.
  10. Robzildjian

Premier Artist Club Kit head advice

I have just picked up a premier club kit as a kit for small venue quieter gigs. These have a good reputation so thought it was worth a go. Any experience of these anyone? How do you find them? What heads would you recommend?
  11. Robzildjian

Best way to line drum cases

Top and bottom does sound good. I’m torn between this and no foam as Bo suggests. Any suggestions? Can’t help thinking if the case fall end on then some foam might help absorb the impact? But then no foam gives move movement...Sorted - going top and bottom As that will give me the best...
  12. Robzildjian

That is really helpful. Perhaps the lining does more harm than good.
  13. Robzildjian

I can see how that could work well. thx For the suggestion.
  14. Robzildjian

I have some LeBlond hard cases that I want to line with some foam for greater protection. These cases are light and strong but don’t come lined. I’m super conscious that some foams degenerate or react to glue over time and damage the drums. My drums are precious to me and I really do not want...
  15. Robzildjian

Would a 20x10 bass drum work for small gigs?

???. Enjoying the advice and the humour friends. Thank you.
  16. Robzildjian

Converting DW Collectors from LH to RH

I picked up a DW collections Kit at the right price but it’s a LH kit with rail mount and cymbal mount And I’m right handed. I am experienced filling holes with matching wrap so that would be no problem. Wwould you recommend moving the rail and cymbal mount and carefully fill the holes with...
  17. Robzildjian

Would a 20x10 bass drum work for small gigs?

I have quite a few kits including downbeat sizes but sometimes I have to play very tight spaces and make low volume. I bought a very nice KD custom drums, now the British Drum Company, kit which has a12x6, a 14 x11 and also a 20 x 16 bass drum. I want to cut down the bass drum to make the...
  18. Robzildjian

Ludwig Black Oyster

I’m a big fan of the above wrap and have kits in this beautiful finish from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. I wanted a classic maple modern kit and bought a new one in BOP a couple of months ago. The finish seems slightly different to my friend‘s bought new three years ago. I love my kit btw. Did Ludwig...
  19. Robzildjian

Hardcase sizing advice for Ludwigs

Thanks GeeDeeEmm. That really helps!
Back