Vintage Tama tom mount

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hey fellas!

I may or may not be picking up a vintage Tama Imperialstar from the 80s. Is the bass drum tom mount a 1” downtube?

I may need to replace the mount and was wondering if I could get a Gibraltar mount with a 1” downtube that might work. Anybody have one to measure?

Thanks in advance!

I believe Tama used 1"; all the Starclassic, Silverstar, etc., stuff is 1" tube. Yamaha and Pearl are 7/8 in. tubes.

Hey fellas!

I may or may not be picking up a vintage Tama Imperialstar from the 80s. Is the bass drum tom mount a 1” downtube?
This info. from a Reverb add ........

VINTAGE TAMA BASS DRUM TOM POST MOUNTING PLATE ASSEMBLY VERY NICE CONDITION ORIGINAL TAMA WING NUT
MADE IN JAPAN HOLE MOUNTING SPACING APPROX 3.5 INCHES
RECEIVER HOLE IS 1 1/8" FITS MOST TAMA TOM MOUNT 1" POSTS AND BASS DRUMS FROM 70'S 80'S EARLY 90'S

This info. from a Reverb add ........

VINTAGE TAMA BASS DRUM TOM POST MOUNTING PLATE ASSEMBLY VERY NICE CONDITION ORIGINAL TAMA WING NUT
MADE IN JAPAN HOLE MOUNTING SPACING APPROX 3.5 INCHES
RECEIVER HOLE IS 1 1/8" FITS MOST TAMA TOM MOUNT 1" POSTS AND BASS DRUMS FROM 70'S 80'S EARLY 90'S
This is not correct, should be 1 1/8" (28,6 mm).

1 1/8” tube is correct. I just measured the heavy Omnilock bastard from my 80s Imps.
image.jpg

unless it's extremely early - pre-phenoBall- brackets/mount- like '76- the 80s Tom mounts are plentiful and indestructible-unless previous owner (abused) or lost parts
(always perceived Tama hardware closer to American spec Gretsch/Ludwig than Pearl or Yamaha were +/- and why I stayed away from those latter two but had two new Tama sets (alongside Gretsch and Ludwig) .. in 82 and 97)
Good luck Let's see a picture!

Last edited:
Well, here's an omni ball that's 1" ...... so probably best if Bo waits to actually land the drums, and then measure what diameter pipe he needs.

ezgif-3-003822a169.jpg

Reactions: jda
Well, here's an omni ball that's 1" ...... so probably best if Bo waits to actually land the drums, and then measure what diameter pipe he needs.

View attachment 144426
As it says in the reverb ad, "vintage 90's". I believe the Imperial star kit in question is from the 80's , no? The Imperial Star absolutely features a
1 1/8" mount. The Gibraltar 1" post won't fit.

Here's an OmniSphere from the 80's:

mruirnxlreoxdazcmqlo.jpg

Back