“Ringo: The Movie” Coming to Theaters in 2027

Son of Vistalite Black

If the exhaustively long “Beatles:Get Back” documentary didn’t satisfy your appetite for Fab Four cigarette smoking and tea drinking, you’ll be thrilled by this news.

Taking a page from when the members of KISS each released solo albums in 1978, “Skyfall” director Sir Sam Mendes is now prepping four Beatles files — one each for John, Paul, George and Ringo — for release in 2027.

Hopefully, we’ll get more insight on “Get Back” footage of Ringo smoking and staring at the ceiling as he waited for his bandmates in the final installment (hours 5-7) of “Get Back,” though this will be a sanitized, fully authorized version of Sir Ringo’s story.

Son of Vistalite Black isn’t certain “The Ringed One” will be portrayed by “”Saltburn” star Barry Keoghan, but is willing to bet he will be.

IMG_0600.jpeg

never seen the get back documentary, and wont be watching this one either tbf.

i repsect what they did for popular music at the time, but musically the beatles nor any of their solo projects did or do anything for me :/

While I'm sad to see folks not being "into" The Beatles, I guess it's not surprising. There's lots of stuff I'm not into, as well.

I loved Get Back, and look forward to seeing the new movies as well.

I think this will be very cool and interesting. The Beatles have always fascinated me and I love reading about their history. I can’t imagine how fate chose those four guys to spark an international sensation so powerful and out of control that it qualified as mania. Those guys must have been totally freaking out when they saw how everyone reacted to them… especially the stadiums full of screaming, hysterical girls. And those guys were only in their freaking early 20s! That story, plus their incredible portfolio is a landmark for the ages.

never seen the get back documentary, and wont be watching this one either tbf.

i repsect what they did for popular music at the time, but musically the beatles nor any of their solo projects did or do anything for me :/
I feel the same way, and it is probably due to the fact that their music was way before my time so it was basically my parents music, and not everyone grows up listening to their parents music. I didn't, I grew up in Heavy Metal and 80's bands all the way to present time where I still discover new bands that I like. I respect the Beatles legacy but they are not my cup of tea.

Huge Beatles/Ringo fan.
Huge fan of the "Get Back" documentary.
Huge fan of Barry Koeghan in"Saltburn" and "Banshees of Inisherin"

Cant wait!

The documentary with archived footage was fascinating. I had that album and played along until I wore out the grooves. For me because I grew up with the music, the documentary was gold.

There was an excellent movie about John Lennon growing up raised primarily by his aunt. Nowhere Boy. A work of art. Cinema not just a flick. It was a study in human relations and emotions. A great work. Didn't have to know or like Beatles to enjoy that movie. If they make the new movies the same way as that one, then they will be interesting. If they stick to Hollywood formula for screenplay and directing a biopic, they will be boring. I call those movies "period" pieces. Just uninteresting. Nothing new. Too sweeping in time period from wee lads to old dudes. But a screenplay exploring some different perspectives narrowly focused, now that makes a great movie. Like the movie about Lennon and his aunt - that was a human interest movie well directed great script well acted that wasn't just a regurgitation of everything we already know about the Beatles.

Back