Ten Bands Whose Drummer Is the Only Original Member

Son of Vistalite Black

Loudwire, one of the Internet's most important sources of drummertainment, has released a list best described as "Ten Bands Whose Drummer Is the Only Original Member"

Ian Paice – Deep Purple

Tom Hunting – Exodus

Bill Stevenson – The Descendents

Carl Palmer – Emerson, Lake & Palmer*

Steve Adler – Adler’s Appetite**

Michel “Away” Langevin – Voivod

Pete Sandoval – Terrorizer***

Flo Mounier – Cryptopsy***

Brad Fincher -- Devourment***

Paul Ledney – Profantica***

* - "Reunion" with dead members is creepy.
** - A bit of a stretch, really.
*** - Son of Vistalite Black has never heard of the band.

Don Henley's the only original Eagles member.

I had to double check that list to make sure I missed him. He's arguably the most famous drummer and most famous band compared to the others listed and yet they somehow missed him. I'd guess the list was more of an excuse for the author to write something about those last couple of bands.

Last edited:
Formed in 2018.

He's been playing drums a few years longer than that. ;)
I thought this was about bands that are still together. Pink Floyd isn’t. However, they did do an album without Rick Wright after he died, and you’re right that he would have been if they were if they were still together, so I’ll allow it with an asterisk ;)

It’s called Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets, not Pink Floyd.
I think was referring to being the only original member of Pink Floyd still with the band at the end.

Rodgers Water quit a long time ago.
Richard Wright passed away
David Gilmore was not an original member.

The last single put out under the Floyd name was only Mason and Gilmore as band members.

Don Henley's the only original Eagles member.

I had to double check that list to make sure I missed him. He's arguably the most famous drummer and most famous band compared to the others listed and yet they somehow missed him. I'd guess the list was more of an excuse for the author to write something about those last couple of bands.

Somehow that didn't occur to me until you said it. Yet it seems incredibly obvious now.

I think was referring to being the only original member of Pink Floyd still with the band at the end.

Rodgers Water quit a long time ago.
Richard Wright passed away
David Gilmore was not an original member.

The last single put out under the Floyd name was only Mason and Gilmore as band members.

It's Roger Waters and David Gilmour, not like you could get them back in the band again anyway.

Dan

Oh I see. Roger Glover and Ian Gillan weren't "original" members but have been there for 50 years and at least since Machine Head.

Back