I sure miss the "ships same day" policy

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Disclaimer: First-World Problems

I ordered two drum heads from a big box store on Monday. It's now Wednesday, and there's still no tracking number, and the status is still "processing." I chatted last night, and they said they several things that were ordered on Monday are still processing. I was really hoping to have them by this weekend, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Oh well, the sun is shining and life is good. :)

problem is well stocked local store- a thing for most- a part of the past.
Could have been down and back in 15 minutes..
Liquor Stores however still stocked, local, and open.
Funny that huh
😁

problem is well stocked local store- a thing for most- a part of the past.
Could have been down and back in 15 minutes..
Liquor Stores however still stocked, local, and open.
Funny that huh
😁

I wish! We've not had a store that carries new drums in close to 30 years. A couple of places carry heads, but choices are limited at best.

I'm currently experiencing the same thing with a big G store. Ordered a used item and it's been in process for a few days. Maybe it's actually shipped and their system is broken. They are usually very good about shipping quickly. I'm in no hurry. I just hope that they actually do eventually ship it out. Took me a while to find it.

I ordered two drum heads from a big box store on Monday. It's now Wednesday, and there's still no tracking number, and the status is still "processing." I chatted last night, and they said they several things that were ordered on Monday are still processing. I was really hoping to have them by this weekend, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
I miss it too! I had a similar issue this week with a drum head I ordered from a reliable shop. They used to always ship UPS and I could order in the a.m. and receive my order the next day. Now, the drum shop uses USPS as their default shipping method... I ordered on Saturday and received it today, although tracking said it would come tomorrow. Crazy!

Amazing how entitled those who grew up in the era of "Please allow six to eight weeks for delivery" have become.
Well...when the Amazon's and others in the web commerce world put a hurting on the brick and mortar folks, and did so by pushing express shipping...how should the buying public feel? I'm not sure entitled is the right description...not sure what is the right description, but I don't feel entitled to expect the product that I "have" to buy online (since the online sellers have killed local shopping) should take 6 to 8 weeks to be delivered

IMHO it is reasonable that if an item is supposedly "in stock" and if it is ordered prior to noon to have it shipped the same day......that is always my hope in this day and age of sophisticated fulfillment systems.

I ordered something for my wood stove on Sunday from a store in my home state and was charged like $27 for shipping.......and I was getting antsy as of Wed mid day (yesterday) I still didn't see it shipped and I need it for Friday ideally.......then yesterday saw the UPS notification and luckily NH isn't that large a state, should have it today.

My "local" drum store is DCP so I'm kinda covered on gear orders.......and I also have found Sweetwater ships really efficiently most of the time

IMHO it is reasonable that if an item is supposedly "in stock" and if it is ordered prior to noon to have it shipped the same day......that is always my hope in this day and age of sophisticated fulfillment systems.

I ordered something for my wood stove on Sunday from a store in my home state and was charged like $27 for shipping.......and I was getting antsy as of Wed mid day (yesterday) I still didn't see it shipped and I need it for Friday ideally.......then yesterday saw the UPS notification and luckily NH isn't that large a state, should have it today.

My "local" drum store is DCP so I'm kinda covered on gear orders.......and I also have found Sweetwater ships really efficiently most of the time
Depends where the store is located, major city or regional area (If a Box store most likely a warehouse out in the sticks?)
For instance where I work (an hour from Dublin, Ireland), last online collection booking time is 10.30am
Whereas central Dublin its 3pm and they have 2 deliveries a day.

Support your local store.
You can't go to Amazon at 4pm on a Saturday saying can I get a replacement drumhead for tonight's gig?.

Mick

Support your local store.
You can't go to Amazon at 4pm on a Saturday saying can I get a replacement drumhead for tonight's gig?.

Mick

Oh, I can shop local and get a head for the night's gig, but chances are it's going to say "Diamond" on the logo. (I wish I was lying.) :ROFLMAO:

Well...when the Amazon's and others in the web commerce world put a hurting on the brick and mortar folks, and did so by pushing express shipping...how should the buying public feel? I'm not sure entitled is the right description...not sure what is the right description, but I don't feel entitled to expect the product that I "have" to buy online (since the online sellers have killed local shopping) should take 6 to 8 weeks to be delivered
The point of difference here is you blame the online retailers for shoppers' dependency on quick shipping. Son of Vistalite Black blames the actual consumers for giving online retailers a near-monopoly on a growing set of goods. This is what we have wrought.

Disclaimer: First-World Problems

Oh well, the sun is shining and life is good. :)
Amazon comes thru with prime 2 day delivery most of the time for me.. They have an Evans store. Sorry Remo fans... im done with them due to several poorly made heads i received.

My "local" drum store is DCP so I'm kinda covered on gear orders.......and I also have found Sweetwater ships really efficiently most of the timeSweetwater recently opened
Sweetwater recently opened an Arizona Warehouse. It is great for us in California. 7 bd delivery time is now down to 2- 3 bd now. pretty awesome.

As long as I’ve ordered before lunchtime on a business day at the following stores, I’ve had same day shipping every single time. Countless items.
DCP
Memphisdrum
Sweetwater
Soundpure

The only 2 stores I have not had 100% same day shipping is Guitarcenter or sister co. Musiciansfriend. I rarely use either of them any more online. Now I do on occasion travel up to my local GC and have bought items if they have them right there in stock…like heads or sticks usually, But that’s about it.

The point of difference here is you blame the online retailers for shoppers' dependency on quick shipping. Son of Vistalite Black blames the actual consumers for giving online retailers a near-monopoly on a growing set of goods. This is what we have wrought.
So you feel that it's ok for the online retailers to have given prompt shipping for several years now, and all of a sudden abandoning the practice, after they've changed the market?

Back