What's something music-related that scared you as a kid?

Up With People.......was scary.....in a way.

Last edited:
My folks were pretty hands off in some surprising ways, including letting me, at 10, stay up alone to watch SNL. I vividly remember these performances by Bowie with Klaus Nomi-- they just absolutely freaked me out and I couldn't get to sleep for a long time.

This album cover:

1698528195997.png

Always felt like the eyes followed me around the room. Great album though.

Attachments

• 1698528181406.png
    1698528181406.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 0
First there was...."Leader of The Pack" with it's Motorcycle sounds and "Drama" in the song. But Worse was "The Leader of The Laundromat" , the spoof song that followed. God Awful Pop Stuff that even as a you teenager (circa 1963 [?] realized how stupid Silly those songs were. After that, I thanked God for The British Invasion!

My folks were pretty hands off in some surprising ways, including letting me, at 10, stay up alone to watch SNL. I vividly remember these performances by Bowie with Klaus Nomi-- they just absolutely freaked me out and I couldn't get to sleep for a long time.

Yes! That was the first SNL I ever saw and I was so excited that I finally got to stay up late with my big brothers and cousins. I don't remember thinking any of the sketches were funny, although I suspect that had more to do with me than the actual quality of the comedy, but when Bowie came on I was first transfixed and then quickly absolutely terrified.

Back