Merlin5
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to Smoke's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      I agree with @bongoman. Military brass accouterments all had a very thin lacquer coating - all our brass stayed nice and shiny and...
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to Drumolator's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      Try Oxi-Clean in the purple can. It is the easiest and cheapest cymbal cleaner out there. Follow the directions on the can. Peace and...
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to jda's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to jda's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      dbl post. cymbal was a bargain it's 71 A & Cie 18" A. Sounds fantastic perfect 1445g smaller cup than a crash ride; rare to me.
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to bongoman's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      Many modern brass and bronze instruments have that clear coat from the factory, even if they look like just shiny new metal. And if a...
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to Jeremy Bender's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      Oxidation on bronze. It can happen over time with sweat or no sweat. I've a ludwig bronze snare drum that's never once been sweated on...
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      I have had pretty good luck using BKF cream to clean cymbals and a nanoceramic product to seal them afterwards, but tarnish still...
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to Mr Farkle's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      If you rub BKF on one area more than the rest of the cymbal you will leave a “polished” area that won’t away until the cymbal gets it’s...
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to Tamboreter's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      If you are in a military group with brass belt buckles, Brasso is ok for cleaning, but please don't use it on cymbals.
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 replied to the thread Cymbal spots.
      Thanks WW. It never occurred to me that sweat droplets would land on the hihat cymbal. I never felt my hand was sweating and leaving...
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to Winston_Wolf's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like!! Like!!.
      Those kinds of spots are usually the result of sweat droplets remaining on the cymbal for long enough to eat through the clear coat and...
    • Merlin5
      Thanks for that link. (y) You're not wrong, I should leave it alone and for now I will. I think what I will do though is buy some Bar...
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to Tamboreter's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      There is some discussion about this on another DW thread: https://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php?threads/marks-on-cymbals.168859/
    • Merlin5
      Merlin5 reacted to cbphoto's post in the thread Cymbal spots with Like Like.
      When I was a teenager I used Brasso (not recommended) on my cymbals (they'd turn green in the ocean/beach air where I lived). It's...
    • Merlin5
      Don't know, could be. They don't seem to be something that's removable. I googled dark spots on cymbals and got "oxidation. This occurs...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back