What's your latest purchase?

Just bought a 5x14 Rogers Dynasonic shell and a 5.5x14 Tama King Beat Shell. I already have hardware to put them together. Got both of them for the low!

Good to see you here, Marquis!

First post newbie here. Came over from another forum. My latest gear purchase Is one I’ve been wanting for a long time... a late 70’s BB. Mine’s a ‘79. Sounds better than she looks!
Same to you bro... welcome to the fold!!

Well, my latest acquisitions are a beautiful N&C SS Walnut 7x14, and. Pfeifer Purple Heart 5.5x14. The walnut is stunning and sounds amazing. The Purple Heart hasn’t arrived yet, but I will post a review when it does. 26B8144E-EE80-4229-B4E0-18D88FF3297F.jpegE5269594-332B-48C5-AF8B-7D7ED7930118.jpeg

An online membership to P.A.S.

I always assumed it was strictly for legit guys. Later I learned they started including drumset players at their conventions so I though I'd check it out.

Last edited:
I couldn't help it.

I tried - but I couldn't (especially after getting that Gretsch Bronze Snare).

Today I pulled the trigger on a 5 piece Gretsch Brooklyn in Satin Black Metallic.

So I have a 10,12,16,22" coming in with bass drum mounted toms (I know...but I hate toms on stands haha)

A whole new set of Evans Heads (EC2s on top, G1s on bottom, EMAD for the bass drum)
One more of the Yamaha Cross Town Stands now that I know I'm committed to them haha
Some cases so it'll be nice and safe for a long time
and a GTS mount to replace the RIMS style mounts for the 10" and 12" tom - an idea I got thanks to @brentcn.

I'll make sure and post pics when it's all in and set up!!

I couldn't help it.

Today I pulled the trigger on a 5 piece Gretsch Brooklyn in Satin Black Metallic.

So I have a 10,12,16,22" coming in with bass drum mounted toms (I know...but I hate toms on stands haha)

A whole new set of Evans Heads (EC2s on top, G1s on bottom, EMAD for the bass drum)
One more of the Yamaha Cross Town Stands now that I know I'm committed to them haha
and a GTS mount to replace the RIMS style mounts for the 10" and 12" tom - an idea I got thanks to @brentcn.

Sounds great,enjoy !!

Pearl Session Studio Select 6.5”x14” snare black halo glitter for when my 5 piece shell pack comes in, now told Octoberish but I can wait.
Beautiful lacquer finish with black sparkles but glitter so it’s black sparkles until light then it becomes a halo or galaxy effect, so so beautiful.
This has bottom and the back beat is perfect!
And the Shure MV 88 with video kit .
CA5F5628-C29C-4BDA-9B38-A080B3B4A302.jpeg1225C06A-1E33-4B5C-9796-514488C0C9BA.jpeg

I couldn't help it.

Very nice. Waiting impatiently for photos.

I couldn't help it.

They conveniently make the Brooklyn Standard snare in only that color. You NEED one!

I hate to say it, but I haven't bought anything musical since late-January! ?

But it was two cymbals, of course! :)

Finally bit the bullet, and just received the 2 foot cable replacing the 8 foot cable on my DW9000 Remote Hi Hat. It's much more manageable in my current configuration.

Back