Pearl Rhythm Traveler is ready!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
After picking these up for around $100 - I have them ready to go! They needed a thorough cleaning so I dismantled them and broke out a wet rag and wiped them all down. Dried with a towel, then installed new heads and matched it up to some extra hardware I had lying around. This configuration (yes, I decided to not use the 12" tom, although that's all cleaned and headed too) fits into a 4'x4' square. If I eliminate the toms, and play it standing up (a la Stray Cats) then I fit into an even smaller square. My new band has a few acoustic gigs lined up where my full kit wouldn't fit on stage, so after asking if I had a cajon, I decided to come up with this instead. Pretty flash, eh?

IMG_6231.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6230.jpg
    IMG_6230.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 19
Much better option. I dig the red reso. Do we get pics or a video? I'm having a hard time envisioning you playing without being buried behind huge drums.

I used to want a set like that very badly. I did get over it but still like them. I hope it works out like you expect. Peace and goodwill.

I used to want a set like that very badly. I did get over it but still like them. I hope it works out like you expect. Peace and goodwill.
I really only need the snare and bass drum, which is probably how I’ll use it when I do the acoustic gigs where they expect a Cajon. So it should be good enough for that.

Don't you have any trouble with the bass crawling excessively? I don't see any concrete brick in front of the bass drum ;)
Those spurs with such a shallow and light weight bass drum are almost useless (I had one kit like that ten years ago).

Don't you have any trouble with the bass crawling excessively? I don't see any concrete brick in front of the bass drum ;)
Those spurs with such a shallow and light weight bass drum are almost useless (I had one kit like that ten years ago).
Perhaps it’s a technique in set up. When I attach my pedal to it, the hoop is clamped to the pedal, and the pedal spurs dig into the carpet, arresting any forward movement, unless the pedal clamp loosens, the bass drum isn’t moving forward. This is the one instance where I think the metal bass drum hoops shine, because of that raised lip on the hoop, it acts like a hook when clamped.

Ah : there is the trick then. I never had any pedal with spurs! I didn’t know it worked so well.

Back