Todd Sucherman class

BruceW

I had the good fortune to get to go to a master class taught by Todd Sucherman last night, and all I can say is WOW! What a great experience, and Todd is a class act. He is an amazing player, and just as amazing in his teaching style. Very engaging, easy to listen/watch, and to be able to follow the discussion.

Now if I can process even a fraction of what he was showing us, and strive to implement it...

Ah, you were at Mark's Music in Maine I take it.

Indeed :)

Mark is a friend. He's done a few different clinics over the last few years (he is a drummer himself), which is a very cool thing for a small town like ours. Todd did a regular auditorium-style clinic last year when Styx was playing in town, this year he came in special, just for this. (I missed last years due a gig.)

I know Mark, though I've never been to Maine, We've hung out at many NAMM shows, we know a lot of the same people, and our kids are similar ages.

Went to Todd's masterclass last year where I picked up his ride cymbal hand technique. Vic's drumshop in Chicago as part of the Drum Fantasy Camp. Two drumsets in the front of a small room, one for him and one for a brave "volunteer". Had a blast and yes, he is super easy to follow and super fun too.

Went to Todd's masterclass last year where I picked up his ride cymbal hand technique. Vic's drumshop in Chicago as part of the Drum Fantasy Camp. Two drumsets in the front of a small room, one for him and one for a brave "volunteer". Had a blast and yes, he is super easy to follow and super fun too.

I'm hoping that i can start to pick up that ride technique, as well as the hi-hat one. Old dogs and new tricks, ya know :) Same deal, two kits in a small room, 20 students. The "introduce yourself and give me 16 bars" put us all in a panic, it was comical.

Great night.

I'm in the midst of his Drumeo "Rock Master Class". I have to admit I barely recognized his name before this, but his technique is simply incredible. He is a pretty good teacher despite his advanced skills. He does skate the line between being inspiring and demoralizing with how easy he makes things look though ;).

I'm in the midst of his Drumeo "Rock Master Class". I have to admit I barely recognized his name before this, but his technique is simply incredible. He is a pretty good teacher despite his advanced skills. He does skate the line between being inspiring and demoralizing with how easy he makes things look though ;).

Its even more amazing from 20' away... :)

And he really does communicate his thoughts well, a good teacher...even to those well below his station. I'm hoping to get organized someday to do the Drumeo series at home.

How good is the drumeo master class by Todd?

How good is the drumeo master class by Todd?

I really liked it. I watched all the videos on the day they were released and got a bunch of new ideas and exercises. My MO is to screen grab the sheet music for exercises, grooves and fills I like and stash them in a google doc. Then they stay in my practice rotation in the future. He did pretty good coverage from "too easy for me" to "way too hard", plus showed off his own chops to give a sense of what's possible.

Drumeo has another class like this called Independence Made Easy that I got a lot out of too.

I really liked it. I watched all the videos on the day they were released and got a bunch of new ideas and exercises. My MO is to screen grab the sheet music for exercises, grooves and fills I like and stash them in a google doc. Then they stay in my practice rotation in the future. He did pretty good coverage from "too easy for me" to "way too hard", plus showed off his own chops to give a sense of what's possible.

Drumeo has another class like this called Independence Made Easy that I got a lot out of too.
Thanks, mate!

Back