Mastiff
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Mastiff
      Mastiff reacted to Ron_M's post in the thread Grover Pro snare wires with Like Like.
      Running the cords this way is the standard and should force the wire end of the plate toward the head under tension, resulting in good...
    • Mastiff
      Mastiff replied to the thread Grover Pro snare wires.
      Interesting. My regular snare was hooked up the same way. I wonder if running the strings under would affect it as well. With the...
    • Mastiff
      Mastiff reacted to Ron_M's post in the thread Grover Pro snare wires with Like Like.
      Stroman's guess was correct; your snare cord was installed incorrectly, so the endplate and wires weren't laying properly against the...
    • Mastiff
      Mastiff reacted to Push pull stroke's post in the thread Grover Pro snare wires with Like Like.
      Yep, same shape.
    • Mastiff
      The ribbon totally fixed it. Full sensitivity is back. The snare buzz is back too, but probably not as bad as the coily wires.
    • Mastiff
      Does your Grover have that same mount shape where it's kind of trying to hold there snares off the head?
    • Mastiff
      It's an optical illusion. Either a reflection or something on the inside of the drum visible through the head. There is nothing...
    • Mastiff
      Here's some pics of the snare end that sort of holds the wires off the head.
      • 1668289796720.png
      • 1668289834191.png
    • Mastiff
      I've tried all different tensions. I'll take a picture, but a thing about the grover is that the brass/copper thing that the wires...
    • Mastiff
      Heh. At a certain BPM point you just can't hit that hard on every stroke. I'm working on raising where that BPM point is... the other...
    • Mastiff
      Mastiff reacted to lefty2's post in the thread Grover Pro snare wires with Like Like.
      I wonder if some experimenting with bottom head tension or different head altogether might help. Maybe torque up the tension rods next...
    • Mastiff
      I'm curious about other people's opinions on these? They are cable wires instead of normal "coily" wires. I wanted to try them to help...
    • Mastiff
      Mastiff replied to the thread Bands That Don't Play Live.
      I think so. Maybe not everyone, but lots of people are impressed by great musicians. I'm sure people thought Rush was cooler because...
    • Mastiff
      Mastiff replied to the thread I have to admit…..
      Expert players seem to be all over the map on rebound. Guys claim you shouldn't "rely" on it, but then Jojo has his whole thing about...
    • Mastiff
      Mastiff replied to the thread Bands That Don't Play Live.
      Most of the time I like the studio albums better when I hear bands live, but there's still something important to me about them being...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…