A New Journey

Also checking in again.

Caek is on standby.

I’m worried for our friend. I’m sure his visit way too much info of 20% survival rates, immune drug side effects , etc. , they may want to do some genetics testing to match which immunomodulater might work better-scary shit. I’d caution him science is a process and these new immnotherapies are rapidly changing those stats for melanoma and what use to be untreatable lung cancer. I’m sure he is reeling and that’s why I’ve been encouraging a positive mental attitude cause he’s going to need it. So he needs to think 20% was the past, this number is trending up fast, and i believe I will be the new wave of success that’s going increase that rate. Some drugs are still in various phases of clinical trials and he may want info on that. It’s a bad cancer but a good time of science and medicine addressing it- that and a prayer don’t hurt. My thoughts are with him I’m sure he and family are in turmoil.

I'm still here for you, Mitch. Not a day has gone by that I haven't considered you and your struggle and offered a prayer Heaven-ward. I'm sure that I'm not alone. Miracles can and DO happen - I'm one. PM me if you'd like to hear my cancer story.

Keep us updated - if nothing else, chime in with, "Still Here" or some such. Don't fight this alone when you've got an army in your corner!

All the best, John.

Checking in again Mitch. I think about you everyday.

867-5309

Mitch, we've got your number!!! Please answer if you feel up to it - or even if you don't!!

Best Wishes,

John

867-5309

Mitch, we've got your number!!! Please answer if you feel up to it - or even if you don't!!

Best Wishes,

John

I thought you were serious. I was gonna say you left out the area code. Then I read the number.

Mitch, still thinking of you man.

I thought you were serious. I was gonna say you left out the area code. Then I read the number.

Mitch, still thinking of you man.

Oh, Dear God, Larry. I've checked the obits in Albuquerque a couple of times and always came up blank (thinking, "that's good.") I've been out of pocket since last Friday - no internet.

Then I found this just a minute ago:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/abqjournal/obituary.aspx?n=mitchell-mulcahy&pid=190207975

I'm sure that's our Mitch.

Larry - could you bug the mods and request a new Sticky for obituaries/RIPs/Bang the Drums For:/ (or some such). We've got one for SteveB tamadrm, and it might be appropriate, as we get older and lose more of our compatriots, to memorialize them in some way. You've got a tender spot and the wherewithal to pull that off.

Thanks Uncle. God, this stinks. At least I know our prayers didn't go unanswered.

Sorry to be the bearer, but it's better than not knowing...

Rest in peace, Brother Mitch. You'll be missed here. I'm certain you're enjoying your New Journey.

Condolences to family, friends and students. So sorry.

Thanks for letting us know. I really liked his obituary-it made me cry and I don't even really know the man. But it makes me wish I did (we have a lot in common love of music, science, family and friends=sounds like a great humble human being). My condolences to his family and friends. I always think about what HD Thoreau said (course it was used in a different context but shoot me I apply it here like I want) "If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away.”

Oh man I'm really busted up over this. Here's a picture of Mitch:

https://www.frenchfunerals.com/

Scroll down to the pics and look for his name.

Mitch was a good man. I feel so bad for his family.

What a great smile.

Goodbye my friend.

Yes unfortunately it looks like we may need an obituary thread. Mitch was a very well loved member here.

Mods, could we create a sticky thread that memorializes all our fallen members in one place? I think that's the least we could do out of respect for all the time these members spent making this place what it is.

Thanks, Uncle Larry.

Thanks, Mr. Mayor.

Mitch has a Facebook page that's easy to find, too. I don't do Facebook, but it's another glimpse to our friend's "other" life. He'll be greatly missed.

Back