You know you are a drummer when...

Your able to explain the UPS delivery to your wife by saying yes I really do need a 7th snare drum..this is a special one for (recording, playing live, doing that one certain song, its a back-up to a back-up) and after she shakes her head and walks away ... you have just completely conviced yourself while telling her all this that you really do need it...oh let's not forget telling her it was a steal too...a $500 drum and I got for $49.... (of course this is a lie it was really $149 + shipping..at this time your hoping and praying she doesn't check the bank statement next month...if you done this you might be a drummer...plus I would feel alot better knowing I'm not the only one doing this...think I'll work on some paradiddles to aleve the guilt..lol

Your favorite shirt is the black one with white lettering that reads:

RLRR LRLL

Your able to explain the UPS delivery to your wife by saying yes I really do need a 7th snare drum..this is a special one for (recording, playing live, doing that one certain song, its a back-up to a back-up) and after she shakes her head and walks away ... you have just completely conviced yourself while telling her all this that you really do need it...oh let's not forget telling her it was a steal too...a $500 drum and I got for $49.... (of course this is a lie it was really $149 + shipping..at this time your hoping and praying she doesn't check the bank statement next month...if you done this you might be a drummer...plus I would feel alot better knowing I'm not the only one doing this...think I'll work on some paradiddles to aleve the guilt..lol

The secret to this is to order a pair of boots for her.

She'll be so enthralled with the boots, she won't question the other boxes.

You're supposed to be giving your significant other a back rub, but are really practicing your paradiddles.

I have often played rudiments on my baby son. He seems to like it. I've told him the names of them so hopefully he'll remember and get a bit of a head start when he starts playing later on.

He'll remember, just as long as it's a consistent association. :)

When you buy and wear clothes based upon your ability to be able to move around and play drums in them...shoes too!

OR...

When you can play more styles of music than you can dance to.

...jazz comes on the car radio and you instinctively try to steer with traditional grip.

When you buy and wear clothes based upon your ability to be able to move around and play drums in them...shoes too!

OR...

When you can play more styles of music than you can dance to.

Hah!! Guilty on both accounts. Drums are the reason I wear Chucks all the time now, I even got my girlfriend into them... also I'm a terrible dancer.

You're supposed to be giving your significant other a back rub, but are really practicing your paradiddles.

I have a little game I play with my dog. I pick her front legs up off the floor and play paradiddles on the trash can with her paws. She's pretty laid back.

How about: You know what the heck a Pataflafla and Cheese Chuchuda are.

...jazz comes on the car radio and you instinctively try to steer with traditional grip.

That is hysterical. Awesome. Traditional grip on the steering wheel. Yes, Yes, Yes, I am not alone, not an alien. (I dont think).

Last edited:
When a co-worker asks "How are the triplets?" you start complaining about the speed of your left foot and he looks at you puzzled wondering what in the world this has to do with the 3 identical childern you and your wife just had....you might be a drummer

When driving to a gig you make your wife sit in the back seat cause you want your snare and cymbal bag to be protected by the passenger side airbag.

When you consider early retirement and when your co workers ask why, you don't try to conceal the fact that work is getting in the way of drumming...... you might be a drummer.

You play rudiments on the table with chopsticks. Seriously, I do this all the time, like every time I get Chinese.

the crowd your playing to Dances all night

When you walk past your drum set, and realize that you are staring at it like you would a fine woman.

My two favorites so far!

I would add:
...when you go on a drum forum and start a thread called "You know you are a drummer when..."
;)

When you spend 16 times more on your kit than you spent on your car.

Guilty as charged. DW Collector's Series 5-pc.- $3200.00. 1986 Mazda 323- $200.00.

Back