What's the story behind your user name?

Lots of names were taken. I was thinking Bozo the clown and zoid came up in my mind. I put the two together and immediately didn't like it when I saw it. To this day when I see Bozozoid it has no flow to it..and I always think what a dumb name. It fits my sometimes weird personality though so Bozozoid it shall be.

Lots of names were taken. I was thinking Bozo the clown and zoid came up in my mind. I put the two together and immediately didn't like it when I saw it. To this day when I see Bozozoid it has no flow to it..and I always think what a dumb name. It fits my sometimes weird personality though so Bozozoid it shall be.
Pretty sure I'm not the only one who thought you were a Bozzio fan

All of the good names were taken, like @mrfingers, @GetAgrippa, @mr pissy, @IBitePrettyHard, @SharkSandwich, @MrInsanePolack so I went with something I felt had an ambiguously groovy feel and hope I achieved it. I must confess that my original name was Superstarman, however that name seemed to trap me like a caged bird so I coerced the moderators to let me switch, I didn’t really give the new name much thought, it just felt right. Perhaps people say “That is some bad drummer” and you might wonder if they mean this or that? They do indeed.

I think it was around 1997 or 1998 that i got the game Wing Commander Prophecy on pc. The character you play is the son of a legendary (deceased) pilot called 'Iceman'. With every Wing Commander game you have the option of giving yourself a callsign for on the killboard. I believe at some point characters in the cutscenes start calling you 'Frosty' and felt that was a bit lame, so i thought 'what is a cool alternative' and eventually settled on 'iCe' for that game. At that time it was very hip, cool and all about distinging yourself with capitalisation/numbers in usernames, so i capatilize (if that even is a word) the 'c' in the middle and i thought that was rather cool. It stuck and started using it ever since. I believe even on the WCnews.com forum it was the first time i used that around 2001 or so. Also is my username on the Pearl Drummers Forum (don't visit anymore).

I was thinking of some sort of play on either Gretsch or Zildjian, the two brands I've played the most and for whom I have the most fondness, and I think I had just seen something Star Wars-related (maybe Rogue One?), and I thought of the line shortly before they go into the bar in the first film (where the band— and this is 100% true — plays what's known as, uh...Jizz music) where Obi-Wan says to Luke "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" and thought, righty-ho.

Funny thing is that I only finally registered after years of lurking. And as soon as I did...I was completely locked out. Couldn't access the site at all. I had to open a window in incognito mode so I could find a way to contact Bernhard and ask what I'd done. He wrote back promptly and said my name had flagged the spam filter.

I was thinking of some sort of play on either Gretsch or Zildjian, the two brands I've played the most and for whom I have the most fondness, and I think I had just seen something Star Wars-related (maybe Rogue One?), and I thought of the line shortly before they go into the bar in the first film (where the band— and this is 100% true — plays what's known as, uh...Jizz music) where Obi-Wan says to Luke "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" and thought, righty-ho.

Funny thing is that I only finally registered after years of lurking. And as soon as I did...I was completely locked out. Couldn't access the site at all. I had to open a window in incognito mode so I could find a way to contact Bernhard and ask what I'd done. He wrote back promptly and said my name had flagged the spam filter.

It's from the first Star Wars movie actually ;) (A New Hope)
When i first saw your username when u signed up here i also thought 'must be a Star Wars reference, cool hehe'

It's from the first Star Wars movie actually ;) (A New Hope)
I know the line's from there, but when I was going to register my name, I had just seen something else Star Wars-related, Rogue One or maybe an episode of The Clone Wars with my kids or something, which is why it was in what passes for my brain.

I know the line's from there, but when I was going to register my name, I had just seen something else Star Wars-related, Rogue One or maybe an episode of The Clone Wars with my kids or something, which is why it was in what passes for my brain.
Ah, i just read that wrong. I guess the shroud of the Dark Side had fallen over me this morning ('twas before coffee) :sneaky:

Fifteenish years ago my band did extreme industrial noise sets mostly in squat parties and similar, we were big into getting high and going pretty deep into our subject matter - no pun in intended, and our lyrical content always followed a narrative of sorts, eg, for a time we were working with a sci-fi writer and talking about doing a multimedia album/novel type thing but schedules never really worked out.
Anyway, out of that came a conceptual character, The Subject, that embodied both the idea of a subject of state - someone who has the laws of the land inflicted upon them, and a test subject - someone who has the experimentation of others inflicted upon them, as well as the idea one is the protagonist of ones own story and what that should mean for one's own life.
Some show or photoshoot or whatever it was this character that was the image I had for what I was doing costume/make-up wise and following that it kinda stuck, but I lost the 'The' as felt a bit pretentious, and following getting more gigs in fetish clubs I changed the 'Sub...' as kinda felt someone might infer something unintended

No, I am not Jesus nor claim to be. I'm not even religious.

Year ago I used to post long motorcycle rides online. We used to ride to a great lunch spot or a roadside attraction and back which would take all day. Someone called me The Shepherd because I led the rides and kept the motorcycle flock all together.

I've been very goofy and bumbling for my whole life and since I was a child I absolutely love Super Grover ("Supergrobi" in German) for his realness. Lots of parallels.

giphy.gif

And since he definitely shows more expertise than me IT-wise I thought why not adorn myself with borrowed plumes?

I haven't been charged and/or convicted because it's not illegal in Wisconsin....YET!

(I heard from a very credible source that if a sperm gets wasted, god gets quite irate)

Last edited:
Back