I just doubled my snare count

JimmyM

Diamond Member
Found a 70s Acro that looked good, was priced well, and comes with a case that has a broken hinge. Should be here in a few days. So that’ll bring my awesome snare collection up to two. I really don’t need it but I thought it would be fun to have an aluminum snare and Acros are cheaper than Supras.

This should do it for me and snares. What else do I need?

Last edited:
Loop Obey GIF
You need more, much more.

Found a 70s Acro that looked good, was priced well, and comes with a case that has a broken hinge. Should be here in a few days. So that’ll bring my awesome snare collection up to two. I really don’t need it but I thought it would be fun to have an aluminum snare and Acros are cheaper than Supras.

You need a gig!

Congrats Jimmy. When I went to the Las Vegas drum show a few weeks ago, I really wanted to play and hear any of the three Ludwig snares. Unfortunately there was nothing on the show floor.

Great find Acros are great snares especially from te 70s your gunna love it man to finish it a Supra 402 will top it of 🤩👍

Last edited:

More drums.And more cymbals. And more snares.;)(y)

Did you buy that online? I think I was looking at the same one. Was a great price, and I kept thinking, "I shouldn't wait...." And, I waited.

Looking back, I realize now that every snare purchase I made that wasn't an LM400 or LM402 was just delaying the inevitable. I'm not saying that everybody has to go that route but for me there was no getting around it. Those two snares likely cover 99% of the sonic territory that the majority of drummers find themselves in. For me, the Acrolite was just a stepping stone, albeit a good one.

What else do I need?
You could proceed in two Drummer-exclusive thinking ways.

1) in case of Locust, Flood, Potato Famine and/ or Nuclear attack you'll need "back ups" of each - for a total 4
2) Quadruple your money using a ton of fanfare- from selling the Acro - squeezing out the highest dollar possible maximum hyperbole - maybe claim "but can't prove" Buddy Rich owned one for home use - or that Mike Shrieve "had one at Woodstock 69" with Santana but the head broke last minute and had to use his back up Supra then - go after a brass

Last edited:
Back