Vinnie,Beck, Tal, Gibbons

Between the various musicians, song selection, audience and rendering of this song, I can't remember being more confused.

Born in 52, so I remember the song, incidentally.

This song was an early memory for me, Tennessee Ernie Ford of course, so to hear Vinnie completely pound the drums, was like huh? But then when Billy came in with that effect on the vocals that is pure him, I was hooked. The friggin band is superlative in every way imaginable. Billy conjures that down home style better than anyone. He just drips with groove.

Yeah baby!

Recently saw Billy on an episode of Live From Daryl's House and you're right Larry, the cat oozes groove, even when he's just hanging out and talking.

Thanks for posting--hadn't seen that before and I dug it.

Seems like the video is not live, unfortunate.. ( See Vinnie hitting cymbal at 2:30 ).

Still though, good find, I enjoyed it !

Thanks for that Larry !

Can't go wrong with that group of musicians..............

It seems dubbed, but at the end of the video, it seems like a live show. I think it was dubbed, it was too clean sounding of a track. But I don't really know for sure. Vinnie didn't look like he was miming. Still a badass tune.

Oh and the title board....dedicated to the other 98%....implies that these guys are in with the top ruling class. Which I don't know how to take.

Oh and the title board....dedicated to the other 98%....implies that these guys are in with the top ruling class. Which I don't know how to take.

I think that's just a reflection of the limited language skills of the poster. The choice of "Sixteen Tons" as an enticement to get out and vote would imply he is also part of the 98%, I believe.

I think that's just a reflection of the limited language skills of the poster. The choice of "Sixteen Tons" as an enticement to get out and vote would imply he is also part of the 98%, I believe.

I hope you're right.

Back