Hi-Hat stand dificulties!

Bonz0

Hello guys im having a problem with my hi hat stand and was hoping that u guys knew something that could help me out.. I noticed that the rod of the stand tilts making my top hat to be unparallel with the bottom one and screwing the sound i get from it. Now im aware my stand is not a high end one and thought that was the problem so im thinking in buying something like a dw 9000 but before that i just wanna know if thats normal and if it is how could i fix it a little?

Thanks for the help!

I'm not sure what you mean by the rod tilting. can you post a picture?

Is the rod bent where it comes out of the guide at the top of the "top" tube?

Maybe you could just bend it back if it is.

If you are considering a new hi-hat stand, and your heart is set on the DW, may I suggest the 5000 series instead? The 9000 hi-hat has this strange chained gear where the pedal connects to the rod, so it is not a direct pull really. It really feels much different from a regular direct pull hi-hat stand. I couldn't get into it. Also, very ultimate stability, stick with THREE legs as opposed to the two-legged jobs because of the multiple pedals people like to play. Geometry is correct: a three-sided triangle will be much stable than a two-sided one!

I always use the tilter feature on my hat stands to tilt the bottom cymbal so that my hats never line up.
This is done to prevent what is known as Air Lock.
It is a good thing when your hats don't sit right on top of each other.

I don't think that you have a problem with your stand.
If the spring on my stand can lift the top cymbal quickly then I am fine with the stand.

My practice Pulse stand does this..I have tried and tried to adjust it and cant seem to get them perfect...not that thats an issue due to airlock as mentioned...but my Tama stand does a much better job... I would make all the adjustments you can and if it dont work you might want to try them on another stand before buying it..

Back