Booted out of band, advice needed

Thanks for the further advice guys, I have decided not to sell the drums and just be a lot more thick skinned in the future. I guess I was just hurt after playing one of the best shows I've ever done and being told we have no time for you anymore. Then being publicly shamed didn't help either. The group are currently refusing to remove videos from social media but I'm choosing just to ignore this childish behaviour and rise above.

I've already started looking for bands in the local area where I'm going to live and have been in contact with a few so seems every cloud has a silver lining eh?

I was being shoved to the side of a band I FORMED and left just a couple weeks before they played for the 2002 SLC Olympics. It would have been the biggest show of my life. I moved across the country for a woman, to a place with a very limited music scene.

It was tough the first couple years, but I found a couple good projects since. The band I left broke up and scattered to the winds.

I have learned, NEVER sell the gear. You'll just end up buying it all back pretty soon. The itch never really goes away.

Hi guys,

Due to the nature of my work I'm being forced to move away from home for work but this has come at the cost of my beloved band. I explained to them that I have the option to work Monday to Thursday only which means I can be home every Friday afternoon and have most every weekend free for rehearsals and gigs etc but it's not enough apparently and the guitarist says we are not a"weekend band". I have been with these guys for over 2 years now and I feel so gutted and don't know where to turn. I've already been told there are no local bands where I'm moving to and almost zero music scene, plus I'm going to be working during the week and home to the other half at weekends so not possible to form a group out there.

Considering just selling off all my gear and knocking the music thing in the head as I can't see any better option.

Any ideas guys?

Find another guitarist?

So sad to hear bout your band. Really hard since you've been playing with them for a quite long time. 1st thing to clear, "its HIS lost not yours" he just lost a drummer, a friend and his reputation. If hes the type of guy that will smile to you when your ok with him and bad mouth or stab you in the back, I say good for you. Treat it as a good memory (less the guitarist of course).

Now as for the gear. I think you shouldn't sell it since your a drummer its in our blood & soul to play drums. Its like air to us. If you stop, you die... pretty grim. Keep you gears, keep playing even if you don't have a band. As a drummer you get good exercise and joy while playing why give up. As for rent. if it comes to this I guess you can't help it but choose the people whom you will be renting your gears out. Other drummers since its not their gear, sometimes they don;t care and your gears might suffer.

You said the place you are moving have no music scenes or gigs. Maybe because they don't have a drummer. Maybe they are just waiting for you to come and form a band. Try to settle in first, and see the locals. While you are working their you will encounter them sooner or later.

Heads up man =D things always find it way in the end we just need to hang in their and believe

Whatever you do don't sell your gear, at least not yet.

Wait 5 years first.

Dont ever ever sell your gear. I almost did. I hung it up back in 2002 after moving to a new city. I had been in a serious band for 6 yrs. prior to that had been in other bands. I became so frustrated (long story) that i decided i was calling it quits and relocated to a new city. I packed away my gear and didnt touch it for 5 years. Was living in a condo so had no place to setup or play. Finally bought a house in 07 and set up the kit again playing just for fun. Looked around occasionally but could ot find anyone good to play with until 2015 then i decided i really missed playing and just being around gear and other musicians and have been in 3 projects since. Glad i never sold any of my gear and have even bought some more recently.

Back