Your practice area set ups

You arent alone. I went from a 12'x22' music heaven to this:
View attachment 107450
This is how I must put stuff away because of space. The 16" goes against the wall, seat on it, and a doggie barrier to prevent any curiosity's and peeing. The tv to the left, it has just as much space allocated for it as I do drums.

It's the only room I havent done any work in yet minus that small piece of drywall behind the kit and tons of cleaning. I know, it looks gross. It's my wife and my bedroom. No one sees it, I dont care. The plan is wainscoting to 30", mirror to 72", wooden rail for the guitar hangers above the mirror, then white. I have a disco ball and spotlight already. One of those color changing party lights will be added also. Eventually a few more guitars also.

This is all well off in the future. There is still plenty of other work that needs to be done first.
I hate when there is plenty of other works to be done and it's not for music!!😡😤

It's ever changing. here's my bass drum and snare and then I have my cajon and TSS and high stand etc... at another station. Everything is set up around the room and it depends.

Lately I've just set up what I plan to use the coming Saturday when I just go downtown and play for a couple of hours.

Last weekend it was this.

View attachment 110422

The week before it was the full kit.

View attachment 110423
I REALLY REALLY prefer the whole kit!!!

Just moved into this house and here is the set up now in the basement. This works well because I can practice drums and then spin around and practice guitar while sitting on the same seat. 😄
Whooaaa!!!! That IS A COLLECTION of guitars!!! And my wife who always bugs me with the 5 guitars I have and 3 basses!!! Ok, I barely play bass or guitar though....

Here’s the music room. The studio is in the basement and in disarray for repairs.
The Signia has a roommate now with the addition of the Black Panther Cherry BombView attachment 107428
Mine is cramped like that too, lots of stuff and not a lots of room for extra players...

I REALLY REALLY prefer the whole kit!!!

The week before it was this.

DSC00543.JPG

There's always something set up to practice grooves and independence in the shed.

The political statement here isn't all that strong, though. There will be a tour before summer each year and that'll mostly be it. This just happens to be my home town that has the same issues, so it's in many ways just me getitng out and having a practice session combined with fresh air and over time getting a bit of attention. It happens most every Saturday if the weather allows and I'm not out hiking, or something. Most likely I'll get both things done by going hiking after.

Actually, the full kit has been set up for a little while, but since about 3 weeks ago it's not. It's just what's needed for my planned practice and it allows me to focus on other things, give all my snares and different other parts of the kit a bit more individual love etc...

The full kit never changes much, but through these periods of other setups tiny things regarding ergonomics definetly do.

I can’t believe you put baby in the corner. Nobody puts baby in the corner. tsk-tsk.
I hate when there is plenty of other works to be done and it's not for music!!😡😤
Had to move the kit yesterday for nonmusical work. By the time I was done I was too worn out to set everything back up correctly. So baby is in the corner looking like a Craigslist ad (or Tom Angles!!! kit).

20211117_094003.jpg

The week before it was this.

View attachment 110441

There's always something set up to practice grooves and independence in the shed.

The political statement here isn't all that strong, though. There will be a tour before summer each year and that'll mostly be it. This just happens to be my home town that has the same issues, so it's in many ways just me getitng out and having a practice session combined with fresh air and over time getting a bit of attention. It happens most every Saturday if the weather allows and I'm not out hiking, or something. Most likely I'll get both things done by going hiking after.

Actually, the full kit has been set up for a little while, but since about 3 weeks ago it's not. It's just what's needed for my planned practice and it allows me to focus on other things, give all my snares and different other parts of the kit a bit more individual love etc...

The full kit never changes much, but through these periods of other setups tiny things regarding ergonomics definetly do.

so...the cone....do you blow through it conch shell-like? Is it where people put tips? Do you wear a neon yellow vest and make it look like you are "working for the government"?

DSC_0013.JPG
My kit is in my guitarist's house (taken as we were packing up for a gig).

My space is not as impressive as some others here but it's a bit cozy. Doubles as a den for reading and listening to music. Got my 70's Pearl kit at the moment with mesh heads and Zildjian L80 cymbals.

20211228_191839.jpg
20211228_191858.jpg
20211228_191924.jpg
20211228_195518.jpg

Last edited:
This is a photo of mine from a couple of years ago.

1640819792322.png

Back