Your all time favorite album

Todays Favorite Album: Abbey Road (I reserve the right to substitute other Beatles albums)

Todays Runners Up:
* Hard Day's Night,
* Meet the Beatles
* Help

Not hard to guess who my favorite drummer is? So, let those who sell more albums, keep their heads together better, look cooler at a ripe old age, and have better looking wive's...let them cast the first stones.

Tomorrow I might say...
Santana's Abrraxis, (sp?)
Jethro Tull, Aqua Lung
Moody Blues, On The Threshold of a Dream
Chicago CTA and or Chicago
Dave Clark, 5 Glad All Over

Yes I'm stuck in the 60's and 70's but I like what I like!

Last edited:
Moonloop by Porcupine tree from 1994, a 40 minute jam, amazing performance by everyone involved.

Also, 10,000 Days by Tool, and Scarcity of miracles by King Crimson.

Everyone on this thread, almost anyway,has mentioned great albums. All time classics. I also have lots that can be a favorite for weeks, months or even years, or depending on my mood, but Close to the Edge by Yes is the one that, as I say, after years I can return to and get the same buzz I got when It was first released.
Makes me feel 21 years old again.

If you cant name a favorite..... then you don't have one.

Insanely good album....
I play it probably on average once a week on my way to work in the car or on the tram.

Notable mention from me in favour of Relayer for Gates of Delrium as well....and, whilst I'm not a Jazz fan in any way, shape or form, the drumming at the beginning of Soundgarden....wow...just WOW.

But my favourite Yes song comes from Tormato....Release Release....just a thing of pure genius....

Yes unstable me....they're just toooo good.

King Crimson - Discipline. I never grow out of this.

And I am more of a Trevor Rabin era Yes fan. Talk is superbly layered, always floors me.

Ahhhh don't...
Too good....just too good...(Talk)
I'm off to listen to it...it's been a while since I did so.

I really like A7X's nightmare,

Every song on that album is fun to listen to and play along with. I wonder what it will be like playing that record when I am 50.

The "one" album that still does it for me would have to be Rush, Moving Pictures.

A very close second would be Queen, Live Killers.

Many of the faves mentioned would be up there especially Revolver, Silk Degrees , Led Zep and Pink Floyd

but to add something different

!0.9.8....1 Midnight Oil

Human Frailty -Hunters and Collectors

Seventh Sojourn- Moody Blues

True Colours- Split Enz

Second Opinion Marvin, Welch, Farrar

Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

I haven't heard any other album that creates so much imagery in my head and is capable stirring so much emotion. THE perfect album for me.

Honourable mentions:
Radiohead - Kid A and Amnesiac
Thom Yorke - The Eraser
Steven Wilson - Insurgentes
Porcupine Tree - Signify
Ulrich Schnauss - Goodbye EP and A Strangely Isolated Place

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday,

Kev

Otis Redding - "The Great Otis Redding Sings Soul Ballads" 1965

sometimes I flip that vinyl over 15 times before I turn it off

Duck Dunn
Cropper
Al Jackson on drums
Isaac Hayes on piano......so they say

whhoooooooey!!!!

what a band

Wow- been trying to catch up on some suggestions and this is just an unbelievable collection of songs/sounds/artists. Thanks.

On another note- I have tried, very hard, to get the King Crimson thing and its lost on me. I am 37 and not a drug user (well I wouldnt say never)- am I out of the target market? What gives. It grates on me.

To be even more random- this song by Tool is one slab of meat, punch in the brain of grooving metal song- it has the energy that new bands can have on their first album (Appetite....) to me anyway. Please listen with good speakers so the lows are not lost. Try it even if you dont like metal, just maybe dont watch the video-creepiest ever.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dABXvI1dxyg&desktop_uri=/watch?v=dABXvI1dxyg

I would like someone to comment on my suggestion after listening- lots of ideas , little conversation.

TOP 5 ALBUMS...I tend to revisit these 5 more frequently than most over the last few decades:

1. Black Sabbath - Paranoid
2. Roxy Music - Siren
3. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
4. Blue Oyster Cult - Agents of Fortune
5. Neil Young - On The Beach

Peace,

MT

Led Zeppelin-I,II,III,IV, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti, Presence, In Through The Out Door,
Alice in Chains-Dirt
Type o Negative-October Rust, World Coming Down
Porcupine Tree-In Absentia
Black Crowes-Amorica
Steven Wilson-The Raven That Refused To Sing

Nice stuff, but you guys still don't get the OP do you?

I asked for "All Time Favorite Album". If you cant name ONE then you dont have one. No problem with that, but I wasn't after lists of 5 or 10.

Lets re phrase the question. If you were sent to a desert island and could only take ONE album with you which one would it be?

Now sit up straight at the back and pay attention.

Opps. Forgot to follow the "rules."

This changes for me way too often.

At the moment...Zep I. That'll change in a minute or two, the more I think about it.

"Enigmatic Ocean" - Jean-Luc Ponty.

Back