Yer next item on the list

I badly needed a new throne (was really feeling it in the lower back and legs at the end of my gigs), so the wife bought me a new Pork Pie throne for Christmas! Haven't gigged it yet, but so far feels WAY more comfy than my old Tama. Thanks honey!
Since the throne's been sorted out, my next purchase will be a new crash. I've been slowly phasing out my A Customs and AAXs (I just prefer the wide lathed Zildjian A/Sabian AA sound), and I'm 1 crash away from being done. Looking for a 19" or 20" Zildjian A thin or medium thin, or possibly a Sabian 20" AA raw bell crash.
After that, the only other piece of gear I want is a deeper metal snare. Been playing 5" deep snares for years; I'd like something with more oomph to better sonically match my Saturn kit for bigger rooms. On the lookout for a Pearl Sensitone or Pork Pie BOB. I should mention that I pretty much only buy used gear these days; we have 5 kids so I'm always looking to save a buck on drum gear! Other than that, I'm covered; I have good drums in good bags to gig with, along with a nice selection of Yamaha 700 hardware and Iron Cobra pedals.

Back