Would you join Corey Feldman's band just for the professional connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 53 years old, it would be worth it for the experience, but I wouldn't stay with it full time. If I've learned anything with my latest band experience, no matter what you bring to the table, someone younger will want you out (so their buddy can play with them), or someone more driven will outplay you & you'll lose the gig.

But going to an audition for a band like that would give me all the exposure I'd want (like those who auditioned for Dream Theater). More people know about those that didn't make it, than those who follow the guy who actually got the job.

Then I'd just take the jobs that came my way by those who used my audition tape as a resume.

I'm thinking you get Cory, David Hasselhoff, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Johnny Depp, etc...(all the famous turned musicians) and start a festival.

I'm thinking GWAR-esque with parodies of themselves. With the proper sense of humor....(like a Knight Rider like 'Kit' Car for David but looking more like a model T-maybe a hamburger eating song, Cory flying around like a vampire...etc...it writes itself) - no mean-ness allowed.

Wonder if there is a market for self-deprecating humor music?

...oohh...Will Smith...that writes itself as well!

Edit: I think I just wrote a song for Johnny called Amber Alert

Last edited:
I wouldn't be in the audience much less in the band.
It's not just bad, it's weird and sad.

I really liked the guy in movies. Especially The 'Burbs

I happen to like Corey as a person. So yes, I would. His music isn’t THAT bad.
I feel bad for him. He went through the wringer with his dad, who turned down no opportunities to rip him off and capitalize on his fame for his own benefit.

Corey sounds pretty based, lol.
Good thing I didn't say that out loud.

Bada Boom!!
That's pretty good.

I'd still give it a short run with lower expectations. Or do what? Bar bashing? Let me give it a think.

That's most player's goal; to be in a band that draws a crowd and that even musicians say, they don't suck.

I'd gamble away the low bucks I'm playing for now to get a look around a tour.

I took the original question to be "Would you drum in a band if you didn't like the leadership or the skill of the other members or the style of music or the level of professionalism or how it might affect your future" or something along those lines. It's a valid question. Bashing a celebrity is not funny and there is nowhere here for that conversation. It's no secret that the person in question has led a troubled life and seems to be doing something that makes him happy. Please keep this conversation on topic as it applies to us as drummers. If anyone feels the need to be crude or insulting, please do it elsewhere.

Posts deleted.

I took the original question to be "Would you drum in a band if you didn't like the leadership or the skill of the other members or the style of music or the level of professionalism or how it might affect your future" or something along those lines. It's a valid question. Bashing a celebrity is not funny and there is nowhere here for that conversation. It's no secret that the person in question has led a troubled life and seems to be doing something that makes him happy. Please keep this conversation on topic as it applies to us as drummers. If anyone feels the need to be crude or insulting, please do it elsewhere.

Posts deleted.

So at what point would it be appropriate to warn other drummers about a specific gig

So at what point would it be appropriate to warn other drummers about a specific gig
"I personally wouldn't take that gig." As some others have already said. And some said they would. As I stated, if anyone feels the need to be crude or insulting, please do it elsewhere.

Looks like his show is a bit more tight now. Obviously the songs still suck, but at least there’s no yelling on stage and the monitor screen is functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back