When did drummers start appreciating vintage sets again?

Could be Neil Peart's vintage Slingerland snare or something. As long as it gets the sound that works within the music.
With vintage drums, the condition will affect the sound and playability, not as much as guitars but still will. I generally trust modern production techniques more than old ones (along with the wear and tear).

Hondo H-1.

nice!!!

my first guitar ever was a Hondo II Strat copy...it was a hunk of junk, but it did the job!! I still have it and play it every once in a while.

my first guitar ever was a Hondo II Strat copy...it was a hunk of junk, but it did the job!! I still have it and play it every once in a while.
I actually just sold it a few months ago. Found a Hondo guitar group on FB, and a guy on there was searching for a H-1 bass. Deal came together in 24 hours, and off to Texas it went. I still have the guitar version of the H-1, plus Hondo's version of a Flying V, and their Explorer.

I caught the vintage bug in the mid 90s. I had only played contemporary kits until then.
I found a set of Sligerlands and fell in love, I'm not sure what drew me to them.

Back