What's your latest purchase?

Here are my new Sabians.

View attachment 142522
The Sabian AAX line is very nice and not expensive, I have the AAX 14 Xplosion crash, the Raw bell dry ride AAX, the AAX Holy Mini China 12 and the 17 normal size china, both Chad Smith model and that's it, they are great for "brilliance" cymbal sound!!!

As I mentioned in another thread I picked up a couple of Sterling Audio ST170s ribbon mics for Overhead options to my current condensers......

Done a couple tracks with them so far and I know they will be easier from a mixing standpoint.

I also picked up a Ludwig Universal Brass in 14x8" and swapped out the stock head for a Remo CS to begin with and right out of the gate cut 2 tracks for demos, great sounding drum.....and I got it new for just under $300.......couldn't pass that up.View attachment 143106View attachment 143105View attachment 143104
I really like the look of this studio, very cosy/personal touch, you did great on this one...And so much room, I envy it compared to mine...Ok, I have a 9'X6' for keys, 3 singers spot for practicing, same with one bassist and one guitarist so...But still, like it a lot. What is th esize of the room by th eway? Mone is 12.5X16.5'...

now you just have to get your pilots license to use all of that!!!

gonna show this to all of my guitar friends, and watch them flip out
In fact, when i said I've been dreaming of, that was not true. I didn't plan to have a guitar pedalboard but in 2013, I had to find a job fast after having been laid of just in one day from the University because they didn't renew my 3 years contract despite having some great reviews from the students: They had kept the spot for the niece of the dean who was just graduating.

So, I had to find a job fast and found one in cold lake, 1500 km from home as a General Manager for Sportchek. I did took 3 heys with me and I had few pedals, TC from the 80's and decided that, because I was not using them anymore, I could build a "small" pedalboard. But you know me, I don't know how to do "small" and then, I started to read everything I could about pedals, what order, what they were doing, what kind of pedals/sounds you should have and, well, I have 2 big binders full of articles, printed, noted in the margin etc..

So, what was supposed to be a little project to pass time ended in a big full pedalboard of 22 pedals including a double buffer (Under it) two 10 isolated power from Cioks, 3 with the new one from MXR and two patchbays and two snakes because the setting is a stereo one: Full double effect loops for the time based effect with the Egnater Tweaker 40 post preamp sends and two "after the pedalboard two returns to amps" before power Amp.
Ha yes, and one switch to bypass the full pedalboard if you want to go guitar direct to Amps and the Tremolo is on one loop as well so, you don't hear it even when not on.
And the Dirt pedals have a loop on the gate so, we don't hear them even when cranked...Also, the boost is a double one, one vintage boost before the diet pedals and one boost after it, a clean one. OUffff. But easier than some synths stuff...That's what I like with drums, no schematic or whatever, you just hit and you are playing!!!

And then, I started to draw a schematic and because it was the beginning of TC guitar pedals, they were often proposing "Buy one, get one free". As I liked the sound of them, I went mostly with them. so, I built the cables myself and ...You saw it.

I don't need to learn anymore, and it's pretty straight forward, way less difficult than a multi effect pedal as you don't have to program every song. I don't use it but my guitarist loves it so, he could easily know what to tweak without menus and so on...And I have this as well:

First draft of the connections:
guitar Pedalboard Connections.png

Position of each setting, General settings to start with at the beginning of each gig:
Basic Guitar pedalboard Settings.png

What to keep "ON" per song and/or what to change. My guitarist have that in front of him, he just has to flip the page and done:
Pedals for I got a feeling.png

Last edited:
You must have small and accurate feet. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: My size is 8.5 and with my equina cord syndrome, I need to focus but as I said, my guitarist uses it and he has small feet as well...But this is why I put some Barefoot Button on it, it's so easier now...

In fact, when i said I've been dreaming of, that was not true. I didn't plan to have a guitar pedalboard but in 2013, I had to find a job fast after having been laid of just in one day from the University because they didn't renew my 3 years contract despite having some great reviews from the students: They had kept the spot for the niece of the dean who was just graduating.

So, I had to find a job fast and found one in cold lake, 1500 km from home as a General Manager for Sportchek. I did took 3 heys with me and I had few pedals, TC from the 80's and decided that, because I was not using them anymore, I could build a "small" pedalboard. But you know me, I don't know how to do "small" and then, I started to read everything I could about pedals, what order, what they were doing, what kind of pedals/sounds you should have and, well, I have 2 big binders full of articles, printed, noted in the margin etc..

And then, I started to draw a schematic and because it was the beginning of TC guitar pedals, they were often proposing "Buy one, get one free". As I liked the sound of them, I went mostly with them. so, I built the cables myself and ...You saw it.

I don't need to learn anymore, and it's pretty straight forward, way less difficult than a multi effect pedal as you don't have to program every song. I don't use it but my guitarist loves it so, he could easily know what to tweak without menus and so on...And I have this as well:

First draft of the connections:
View attachment 143745

Position of each setting, General settings to start with at the beginning of each gig:
View attachment 143746

What to keep "ON" per song and/or what to change. My guitarist have that in front of him, he just has to flip the page and done:
View attachment 143747

you need to come to my house and organize my closets!!!

those remind me of the wiring charts i used to make for my train layouts

HO, I was 6 or 7 and my Dad did a very big train that was flippable/folded on the wall and then, you just had to flip it down to play with the train, He was an engineer so, maybe i took this from him...

But almost up to his death, he was always against music, thinking it was just a lubby for me because music needed to make money to cover the expenses of the gaz and mileage amortization and so on, while he was making collection of Butterflies, minerals, old watches, scientific old instruments.

My house and my parents apartment were a full museum of old french history that were "investments" and so on. (At the end, the butterflies stayed in a cave with moisture in a parisian apartment close to the "Arc de Triomphe" in Paris and were almost all dead which was a waste because they were very expensive and species that are very rare or that don't exist anymore...We had to throw them out to the garbage...).

But with Alzheimer, his attitude changed a lot in his two last years and he was very proud of the band we did with the full 4 pages printed tick glossy paper brochure (Page 1 below) etc...Well, he was General Manager of the International Printing business fair in Paris!
Brochure bis with my daughter.png

Last edited:

Well, I can't stay without using my brain so, after the guitar pedalboard, it was the turn of the bass:
Bass pedalboard connections.png
Bass setting per song.png

And when I have a show, I give the sound guy that kind of stage plot, plus a list of what we need etc...They are usually very happy with it:
Stage Plot.png

Last edited:
HO, I was 6 or 7 and my Dad did a very big train that was flippable/folded on the wall and then, you just had to flip it down to play with the train, He was an engineer so, maybe i took this from him...

yep HO. in my youth, the attic of our house was my bedroom, and it was huge. The house was a pre WW1 farm house, so everything was big, and awesomely built. My train set was on a 10'x10' board, and my bed was underneath it. It took up one corner of the room. Drum set in the alcove looking out over the front of the house and street.

But almost up to his death, he was always against music, thinking it was just a lubby for me because music needed to make money to cover the expenses of the gaz and mileage amortization and so on, while he was making collection of Butterflies, minerals, old watches, scientific old instruments.

luckily dad was a drummer around town, and was my first teacher. Moms whole family were professional musicians, so I sort of had no choice to go down the path I did, and I never resisted it.

your dad sounds exactly like my grandfather on my dads side. Their basement was like a museum, with all of the items you mentioned except the butterflies. We were not allowed down there without him. I inherited his train set stuff from the 30's and 40's, and will have tha tall set up one day here in the future

I really like the look of this studio, very cosy/personal touch, you did great on this one...And so much room, I envy it compared to mine...Ok, I have a 9'X6' for keys, 3 singers spot for practicing, same with one bassist and one guitarist so...But still, like it a lot. What is th esize of the room by th eway? Mone is 12.5X16.5'...

Thanks.

19x15' or so if I recall correctly. combination home office on one side and drum studio on the other. I've gotten the acoustics dialed in at this point and the ribbons for OHs have really added a great mellow quality to the cymbals in my recent tracks as my primary client I am working on an album with raves about the ability to EQ the ribbons without getting too much of the crap he doesn't want boosted.

Last edited:
Don't tell the Ludwig police on me, but I bought this 7x14 DW Collector's snare (maple, VLT, re-rings) in gold glass for a new project. Apparently they just discontinued gold glass, so I'm glad I grabbed it. It's gorgeous and sounds killer! (Shout-out to 2112 Percussion for their always amazing customer service!)

DW_Collectors_MapleVLT_7x14_GoldGlass_2024_2_sm.jpg

Back