What's your latest purchase?

I know Joe and a few others here miss the idea of the old catalog “outfits”. I do too - as a child of the 70’s and 80’s, I used to study the Ludwig catalogs of the era like they were the bible and dream about which outfit I was going to play when I “made it big”. Now that my youth is long gone and all that’s left is this old curmudgeon, the modern shell bank approach really seemed like the best option for what I do.

yep...other kids had thier fathers Playboy mags laying around their rooms...I had the Ludwig and Zildjian catalogs all over the place...as well as Modern Drummer...lots of daydreaming, earmarking pages etc

Paiste Giant Beat Big Sound Box set. Apparently I may have purchased the last set manufactured as my dealer tells me Paiste will only be offering GBs individually now...

b2loMi5wbmc

Trying some new Pearl wires on a snare drum, along with giving the Evans Coated HD a run on my Supraphonic 6.5". (Ambo coated on it right now).

The Evans is a 2 ply job with a 7.5 and a 5, with a light dampening ring around the diameter. See how this goes. Wanted something not quite as over the top of say, something like a G2 or Emperor. Will give the Powerstroke 77 coated a run one day too.

1000003288_edited (1).jpeg

Last edited:
man...seeing all of that old equipment brings back great memories of growing up in studios back then
I know, that's why I like them so much and they are cheaper than plugins...Still waiting on the delivery of a Sony DPS D7 and R7 and trying to find an Alesis Q20 and an Ensoniq quadra at correct price.

My latest purchase is an e904 mic for my snare and i'm gonna buy the e604 3 Set for my toms.

My other newest gear is a lovely gretsch renown. But i think it got shrunken down for easier shipment.

View attachment 142922
Made by miniatureinstruments
Love it, did you do it yourself?

I found another one of the TC Corona chorus 40th anniversary special edition. I have already one on my Prophet 12 and I wanted to replace the original TC SCF Stereo Chorus with it because, either the Original doesn't work that much because I cannot have enough effect/volume form it, or the output of the two amps via effect loop are not powerful enough.

Anyway, I save space and was able to install it at a better place and then, the Empress Tremolo was just at the SCF chorus place. So, the SCF goes back to the studio and I found extra cables that were just the right size to put the Tremolo on a loop (You hear too much the swoosshh if not in a loop).

So, after years of thinking and replacing and re-adjusting and re-soldering...I have my guitar pedalboard super ready like I've dreamed of so many times...
IMG_0135-1.jpegIMG_0136-1.jpegIMG_0137-1.jpeg

I found another one of the TC Corona chorus 40th anniversary special edition. I have already one on my Prophet 12 and I wanted to replace the original TC SCF Stereo Chorus with it because, either the Original doesn't work that much because I cannot have enough effect/volume form it, or the output of the two amps via effect loop are not powerful enough.

Anyway, I save space and was able to install it at a better place and then, the Empress Tremolo was just at the SCF chorus place. So, the SCF goes back to the studio and I found extra cables that were just the right size to put the Tremolo on a loop (You hear too much the swoosshh if not in a loop).

So, after years of thinking and replacing and re-adjusting and re-soldering...I have my guitar pedalboard super ready like I've dreamed of so many times...
View attachment 143621View attachment 143622View attachment 143623

now you just have to get your pilots license to use all of that!!!

gonna show this to all of my guitar friends, and watch them flip out

Paiste Giant Beat Big Sound Box set. Apparently I may have purchased the last set manufactured as my dealer tells me Paiste will only be offering GBs individually now...

b2loMi5wbmc
I'm jealous.

Time for new heads - a pack of coated Vintage Emperors for the Ludwig, and an EC2s pack for the Yamaha.
Had an EC2s on the Yam. floor tom and it sounded so good I thought I'd try them on the other toms.
The FT has an S hoop and an O ring on it, so I picked up a pack of O rings for that set too.

Packs - Copy.JPGVBO - Copy.JPGStage - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Time for new heads - a pack of coated Vintage Emperors for the Ludwig, and an EC2s pack for the Yamaha.
Had an EC2s on the Yam. floor tom and it sounded so good I thought I'd try them on the other toms.
The FT has an S hoop and an O ring on it, so I picked up a pack of O rings for that set too.

View attachment 143713View attachment 143714View attachment 143715
Let us know you thoughts with the EC2's on the high tom toms please. Would like to hear. Thx

Let us know you thoughts with the EC2's on the high tom toms please. Would like to hear. Thx
I like coated Ambassadors when I tune them high, but the EC2's sound good tuned low.
Throw O rings on them, and they sound fat and rubbery.
Not quite to the level of that FT though.
That one sounds so good it's hard to believe it's a Stage Custom.

• Like!!
Reactions: I-P
Back