What's the Best Do-Everything Paiste Ride Cymbal?

24” seems awfully big for a “ do everything “ ride cymbal, but I understand larger cymbals are very popular now.

Last edited:
Another vote for the 24" Giant Beat in the "most styles that you could get away with" ride cymbal category. Not every genre of music of course, but it could be made to work in any style that I would play.
I have a 24" Giant Beat and used to have a 22" Big Beat. Personally, at least for the way i play (always hesitant to bash), I don't know that a 22" BB would have the volume for your louder gigs. I could be wrong. I play in a stoner/psychedelic blues band and the guitar player uses lots of fuzz, delay, verb, anything he can click on. Only two cymbals besides hats, so i'm on the 24" Giant Beat a ton. It was a bit washy for me, so i used two strips of gaff tape, starting just at the edge of the bell and extending out about 3". Very subtle, but just enough to kill a bit of the wash. Perfect. I generally don't like to buy something then 'modify' it. If it wasn't what i needed, i shouldn't have bought it....but the GB does so many things well i think this was a great solution and can easily remove them even in between songs if i needed to. Glad you found what you were looking for.

Back