What ply snare does Tony Royster Jr. use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a DW 5 x 13 Collector series maple but does he use the 6 + 6 ply or 10 + 6 ply? (the second number is the ply of the reinforcing hoops dw uses) I love that specific sound he gets from his snare in every video I've seen of him and been looking to order one if I could find out what freakin' ply he's got!

Last edited:
Try giving DW a call and ask them.
They're usually pretty helpful in tracking down specific models for artists.

I asked them about the specific edge snare used by the Breaking Benjamin drummer, and they researched and called me back with the answer.

Phone: 800-45-DRUMS (800-453-7867)

Let us know what Tony uses. His gear always sounds nice!

Just curious, do you think that if you get the same snare as TR, you will sound the same? Because that's not how it works.

+1. Do you have his mics, his amps, his EQ?. Do you know what heads are on the drum.? A lot of money trying to get a sound you may never achieve.

The sound is in the drummer..........not the drum.Its touch ...feel...how and where he hits the drum....and what sticks he uses,as well as drum heads.If that kit ,and you and he were in the same room,and you sat down and played after he did.....do you think the drums would sound the same?

Steve B

Wow calm down everyone, haha. I just like the sound of the snare he uses. Of course I am not going to get the exact same sound he get, I was just curious. I understand that the sound of the drum depends on heads, tuning, mics, compressors, mix, how you play it. There are several different factors in this but what I've come to realize is that the drummers on this forum act like they know everything and regards someone like me asking a simple question about what kind of snare drum someone uses as crazy!! All y'all can suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back