What are you listening to right now?

Listened to David Torn's Cloud About Mercury album on the way to work this morning. Bruford does amazing electronic percussion on that recording. A fusion classic.

I just finished listening to Blow By Blow, Wired and Live at Ronny Scott’s (Jeff Beck for those who are unfamiliar) while making Turkey soup. And now listening to Celebratimg the Music of Weather Report. Sticking to the tunes with Vinnie, Dennis, Omar and Gadd. No patience for drum machines.

Last edited:
I just finished listening to Blow By Blow, Wired and Live at Ronny Scott’s (Jeff Beck for those who are unfamiliar) while making Turkey soup. And now listening to Celebratimg the Music of Weather Report. Sticking to the tunes with Vinnie, Dennis, Omar and Gadd. No patience for drum machines.
🙌 for turkey soup.... and all of those great drummers, too!

🙌 for turkey soup.... and all of those great drummers, too!
I just realized I’ve seen Colaiuta, Gadd and Chambers live but have yet to see Omar. I need to fix that. But next week going to take my son to see The Fearless Flyers at The Blue Note.

Somewhere, I have a copy of Procession on cassette....now wondering if its on YT....:unsure:

I just realized I’ve seen Colaiuta, Gadd and Chambers live but have yet to see Omar. I need to fix that. But next week going to take my son to see The Fearless Flyers at The Blue Note.
Actually scratch the Fearless Flyers. All sold out. Now I’m really bumming.

Back